• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

WHICH OIL

The oil on my 07FN2 is on the min line on the dipstick so I want to top it up. The problem is im not sure which oil is in the car, it was serviced recently but doesn't specify in the paperwork which oil honda used. Any advice guys

What oil have you got or are you going to buy some?

The best all round oil to use is any fully synthetic 5w40. It burns off slower than the thinner grade oils. Honda normally use Castrol 5w30 though, which I've always found, and so have you it seems, needs topping up more frequently.

You'll have to wait to ring them in the morning then. :lol:

It sounds like what they'd put in yes.

Check it every couple of tanks of fuel. Being thinner it can burn off quicker.

It sounds like what they'd put in yes.

Check it every couple of tanks of fuel. Being thinner it can burn off quicker.

Mine was 5w40 till I changed back to manufacturers recommended 5w30.

I am thinking of changing the filter and oil so 5w40 a better choice? Found this online 'fuchs titan race pro s 5w40 with hamp filter' <- Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance:)[h=1][/h]

Most use and recommend 5w40 fs, the oil and filter you have mentioned are very good. I use Castrol Edge in mine but the Fuchs race pro is a good oil also, I'm on my 3rd CTR and I've used HAMP filters on all mine and have had no problems.

Mine was 5w40 till I changed back to manufacturers recommended 5w30.

I am thinking of changing the filter and oil so 5w40 a better choice? Found this online 'fuchs titan race pro s 5w40 with hamp filter' <- Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance:)

I use5w40 fuchs titan supersyn think its one down from race pro and the stuff is great don't need to top it up as much as I did when I had 5w30castrol edge in.

Opies oil usually has good deals on and a forum discount.

I use5w40 fuchs titan supersyn think its one down from race pro and the stuff is great don't need to top it up as much as I did when I had 5w30castrol edge in.

Opies oil usually has good deals on and a forum discount.

Opies oil are charging £52.49 for 5ltr oil and they don't have hamp filter, whereas tegiwaimports.com are selling fuchs titan race pro s 5w40 oil with hamp filter 55 pounds.

How do you get the forum discount from opies oil, ring them? Might try them if and when I just need the oil I suppose..

Thanks Shoon :) I was in the middle of reading the opie oils forum. Could not find the traders section on tegiwa, however I will message them. I was not aware they did discounts for forum members. Something new every day!

Thanks Shoon :) I was in the middle of reading the opie oils forum. Could not find the traders section on tegiwa, however I will message them. I was not aware they did discounts for forum members. Something new every day!

Dim problem :).

To get to the traders section go to the main forum menu and scroll down to the bottom of the page there will be a list of traders Tegiwa is one of them, you can message them directly from here then.

No luck getting the code :confused:.. they have not responded to another posts code request made on the 19th!

Who? Opie Oils?

The code can be found if you read through the link I posted above, you then place your order and type this in at the checkout the discount will then be calculated from your bill.

Haha, I got the discount code for opie oils... had to message tegiwa for their code-> and 2.5pounds discount WOW!! If they did not have a decent deal on NGK's I would have gone with opie oils for the whole lot.... Opie oils offer free delivery for orders over 70pounds and tegiwa charge a tenner for deliveries...
Actually, not sure why tegiwa are so secretive about their code either considering it is 2.5pounds (might aswell not bother), opies is atleast 10% i think.

I think there is going to be an offer for about 25% off this weekend if you can hold off ordering for a few days.

Cheers

Tim

ahh bummers, next time @Opie! The NGK's were around 37ish with tegiwa. Plus splitting the items wouldn't have worked out better either. In hindsight should have just waited as the damn sump plug ain't budging! Where can I get a sump plug? I bought a washer but couldn't find a replacement plug (ideally oem rather then magnetic). Back to budging the sump plug, breaker bar really going to make a difference considering the clearence on the axle stands ain't the greatest to get leverage.

Back