• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which one to buy?

Mark43

Honorary Member
Well having taken the FN2 out recently i am smitten but in the back of my mind i have a nagging doubt and i don't know why.

I am in the position to buy a new motor in the next few weeks and i can't decide between the FN2 and the EP3.

I loved my EP3 when i had it and to be honest i never really knew why i got rid of it.Yes i had some reasons i think i stated but i could have just got the missus a bigger car and used that for my photography trips and bird watching.

I have found a mint 06 plate Cosmic Premier and an 07 Milano GT and i don't know which one to buy.

My heart says the EP3 and my head says the FN2.:confused: :confused:

Personally I would go with the FN2, with it being the new model. Could always 'treat' yourself to the new JDM CTR.;)

Thanks for your reply CTR.:cool:

At least you remembered this forum is meant to be predominantly about Type R's:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They are both great cars so I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

I've got a FN2 and had a EP3.
While waiting for the FN2 I had doubts about if I was doing the right thing, but as soon as it arrived I never had any regrets. The EP3 was a great car and I'm very happy to say I owned and enjoyed owning one.
I couldn't tell you which is the better car, because they are different and excel in different area's.

All depends what you want from a car???

Personally if it was me I would go for the FN2 because you have already owned a EP3, but the choice is yours.

Mark, If I was after another civic I would go for the FN2 ;)

You have had the EP3 already, The FN2 has more 'creature comforts' and luxuries which a man of your age would appreciate :D :lol:

runs for cover!!

Mark, If I was after another civic I would go for the FN2 ;)

You have had the EP3 already, The FN2 has more 'creature comforts' and luxuries which a man of your age would appreciate :D :lol:

runs for cover!!

yes and so you bloody should:D :D

They are both great cars so I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

I've got a FN2 and had a EP3.
While waiting for the FN2 I had doubts about if I was doing the right thing, but as soon as it arrived I never had any regrets. The EP3 was a great car and I'm very happy to say I owned and enjoyed owning one.
I couldn't tell you which is the better car, because they are different and excel in different area's.

All depends what you want from a car???

Personally if it was me I would go for the FN2 because you have already owned a EP3, but the choice is yours.

Thanks for your insight Paul.....appreciated:cool:

The thing is if you bought the EP3 would you go on a modding spree again or would you keep it to OEM level?

Your old CTR was a fine example which clearly came at some expense :cool:

There are not too many aftermarket products available for the FN2 as we speak but I am sure that will change in due course..

At the end of the day the choice is yours but if it was me and I had the chance to own either then it would be the FN2, Just for peace of mind with warranty and what not :smt023

I look forward to seeing the pics of whatever you choose ;)

The thing is if you bought the EP3 would you go on a modding spree again or would you keep it to OEM level?

Your old CTR was a fine example which clearly came at some expense :cool:

There are not too many aftermarket products available for the FN2 as we speak but I am sure that will change in due course..

At the end of the day the choice is yours but if it was me and I had the chance to own either then it would be the FN2, Just for peace of mind with warranty and what not :smt023

I look forward to seeing the pics of whatever you choose ;)

Me.......mod.......don't know what you are talking about:D :D

I think this time i would stick to maybe a Gruppe M and maybe a zorst change............honest:D :D

Thanks Chris..........i really appreciate you throwing that into the pot.......barsteward :D :D ;)

How nice is that car:cool:

Some pics for quick reference :twisted:

DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

Natural progression from an EP3 would be a DC5. I don't see anything to gain from getting an FN2 other than being able to say I have a brand new car.

Get a drivers car...get a DC5 :cool:

Back