• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which one?

I am thinking of getting a second hand cat back exhaust as I have already got an AEM CAI induction kit. What exhaust should I look for to get a good performance so i don't need to get another at a later date.

Either the Spoon N1 & B pipe or the Buddy Club Prospec seem to be very popular, and give good gains without breaking the bank.

I had the Spoon system and loved it, especially the understaded tailpipe. If you prefer the look of a typical jap exhaust, the Buddyclub Prospec has a larger diameter tailpipe.

The N1 is a Spoon back box, and the B pipe is just the center section, or midpipe of the exhaust. The Spoon version is a silenced center section with a larger diameter than the original CTR part, and will allow you to fit various aftermarket back boxes, as well as the original CTR back box if you want to keep it 'stealth'.

It is doubtful that you would pass an MOT with a straight through decat pipe. A sports cat will not always guarantee you will pass the MOT, but its much more likely to pass with a sports cat over a decat.

Back