• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which one....

Been getting quotes for car insurance - with my 40 yr old aunt on it, drops it by about £400 :freak:

out of these three companies are better?

There isnt much difference so wondered if anyone had dealt with them and can advise which one is best?

Should i be checking for differences in the policies?

Elephant £1,226.75
Bell Direct £1,227.62
Admiral £1,213.63

Will they all let me transfer my policy when i sell my cr and get a cheaper one - as will be due refund?

any advice muchly appreciated

Wow those quotes are very close to eachother. Never seen that before.

I must get my mum on mu policy. Will do that when the renewal comes up next month.

Go with Admiral mate. Well I would anyway.

smeg said:
Wow those quotes are very close to eachother. Never seen that before.

I must get my mum on mu policy. Will do that when the renewal comes up next month.

Go with Admiral mate. Well I would anyway.

thats what i was thinking as they are more known.

other quotes i had were around the 1400 mark. Tesco, chruchill and sainburys wouldnt insure me?

Didnt really get that many quotes!

Adrian flux (who i am with now) still wont budge on there £1700 :evil: :roll:

I still dont get though why having someone else as a named driver brings your policy down?

Why is that?

gnat said:
Been getting quotes for car insurance - with my 40 yr old aunt on it, drops it by about £400 :freak:

out of these three companies are better?

There isnt much difference so wondered if anyone had dealt with them and can advise which one is best?

Should i be checking for differences in the policies?

Elephant £1,226.75
Bell Direct £1,227.62
Admiral £1,213.63

Will they all let me transfer my policy when i sell my cr and get a cheaper one - as will be due refund?

any advice muchly appreciated

Gnat - check to see who they are underwriten by. As long as it's someone like Lloyds etc, you should be fine.

Also check excess on each, as this can differ.

As for tranfering it, it can be done, but you don't always get the best deal this way.

You can run the insurance on a month by month basis & that way the most you'd lose is a month's money. Otherwise you have to wait for a refund on one policy after you've already started another, so it seems expensive.
You also don't get lots back for stopping a policy you've already paid for in full.

Hope this helps mate

I am going to pay in full as it works out cheaper - if i pay monthly it will costs me a extra few hundred quid!

I've transfered the other way round before which suppose is a bit different.

I had one month left on my XR2i when got my teg so tesco just wanted a few quid more to transfer from that to the teg.

but suppose thats them making more money not losing it

I would suggest checking the small print for things such as

How much Excess
Windscreen Excess (some are more expensive than you think)
Courtesy Car in the event of yours being repaired
Do you have to pay out for 3rd Party Claim repair then claim it back?

Unfourtantly you never find out how good a company is until you try to claim :evil:

gnat said:
I am going to pay in full as it works out cheaper - if i pay monthly it will costs me a extra few hundred quid!

I have this problem... Yeah yeah I have many, lol

But what I mean is that I cant pay up 1 lump sum of £1500 for my insurance so I have to pay monthly and as you say this adds about £200 to your policy :cry: :cry:

gnat said:

If thats what your going to do, then get a 0% credit card, put your insurance on it & then cut it up.

Can still have the benefit of paying in installments without the interest :wink:

paul.goffin said:
Unfourtantly you never find out how good a company is until you try to claim :evil:

That's very true :)

I was with Norwich union when my RS was stolen twice and the 3rd time was burnt out.

Norwich Union were great, covered all costs, courtesy car and were very quick.

Unfortunately norwich Union can't insure me on the CTR :roll:

SpaceMonkey said:
gnat said:

If thats what your going to do, then get a 0% credit card, put your insurance on it & then cut it up.

Can still have the benefit of paying in installments without the interest :wink:

I am just using my savings :cry:

least then its paid for then can just think about selling her!

Got enough credit cards!! :oops: :evil: :cry: :lol:

smeg said:
paul.goffin said:

That's very true :)

I was with Norwich union when my RS was stolen twice and the 3rd time was burnt out.

Norwich Union were great, covered all costs, courtesy car and were very quick.

Unfortunately norwich Union can't insure me on the CTR :roll:

they wouldnt insure me on the teg either

Back