• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

which order?

Awright ladies and gents. just lookin for some general advice...had my ctr for a couple months now and earnin some good money so lookin to do some tweaks but was wonderin whats the best order to go in as obviously i wont be able to afford all at 1 time... keepin it pretty simple with induction kit...new springs and lowered also lsd and perhaps some other little touches without going too overboard... any suggestions of whats the best order to do these in considerin there will probably be a month or 2 in between just to make up the cash? and any ideas for other mods worth checkin out ?

You will notice the difference most with the lsd, then lowered and fast road mate. Get them first.

Then get the induction, exhaust and k pro to map it all together

I see your from scotland, use john at pro grip for the fast road set up, he is really good, he fitted my springs too as well as the cambers and bolts and set it all up for £120 :D

TBH I would stay away from an LSD first, unless you plan on doing lots of trackdays in the near future, yes you will notice a difference, but on our average roads, I think you would get more bang for your buck with a decent fast road set up. I have managed to do without an LSD and though I wanted one my trusted compadre talked me out of it as I have not even reached the limits of the cars handling as it stands now. I think I would need to push the car very hard on a track going quite quick to feel an LSD is justified, especially when you are looking at the best part of £7-800 supplied and fitted. You can make that go quite far.

I used to argue with Nick at first but I realized I was wanting to fit an LSD at the time as that is what others were doing, and I was doing it instead of focusing on my own driving first,so I would be better able to appreciate a diff when I got one.

Sorry if that sounded preachy :oops: .

For myself I really noticed the difference new tires made (first Toyos now Yokos). Then lowering on springs and fast road set up. The next big difference to me was swapping to 16" rims. After rolling on 18's for ages I really appreciate the extra feel I get from the smaller rim and slightly thicker tyre sidewall.

Oh and I hate to say it but a nice fruity exhaust made me smile no end, ok not a lot of power difference, but I like the sound, even if I feel like a 41 year old kid at times :D :D

I see your point mate, get used to driving the stock car and get a feel for it but............. my mates have dc5's and even tho I have fast road and they dont and i can keep with them pretty well they can just get the power down alot quicker and eventually pull away through the twisties.

It is alot of cash for an lsd but I think its well worth it

I would agree with you both on the LSD, its a great mod and it can be used in anger on the road, but...its rare that you get to use it to its full potential due to other road users and not wanting to push it that little bit too far.

I opted for the fast road setup/springs and JDM anti roll bar first and think that was the right decision before going for the LSD.

I opted for the fast road setup/springs and JDM anti roll bar first
That is the course I'm in the process of taking. I'm quite happy with the power my CTR gives me standard, so I'm just going tweak the handling a little bit to get a better feel in the twisties.

I'd say a good start, would be to get some decent rubber if you haven't already, fast road setup (you'll find plenty of info if you search) and a JDM rear anti roll bar.

cool cheers lads. already have a mugen exhaust on it so i guess ill start with springs and fast road....was checkin out funkypower.co.uk.. what you guys reckon the best set of springs with regards to value for money...ive got a decent bit of cash lyin around so not bothered if its expensive just as long as it worth it...cheers gents. also u think the anti roll bars a worth checkin out ?

Back