• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Which Tyre to use?

Hi all , my car has just covered 10000 miles now, and although the fronts have plenty of life left in them i can't imagine it being too long before i need replacements as i do 300+ miles a week!

Any other high milers out there know approx how long they're good for? my driving is mainly motorway miles.

Is it best to stick with the bridgestones or is there anything better for a similar price?

i know mine is the older civic (ep3) but i used to do about 500+ miles a week
i bought the car this time last year and had to change them (bridgestones) in sept last year.
i got 10k out them myself and think they did a couple thousand before i got the car

I've just had the 62.5k service and on my third set of fronts, i mostly do motorway driving and managed to get around 25k miles out of the fronts.

If you're thinking about a different set of tyres here's the result of EVO mag's tyre test, they tested both wet & dry;

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2. Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
3. Continental CSC3
4. Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
5. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
6. Pirelli PZero Nero
7. Kumho Ecsta STP KU3I
8. Dunlop Sport Maxx
9. Yokohama S.

Next set i get will be the Goodyears.

Toyo T1R's.
The RE50's are crap in comparison and highly rated in that test posted above.:confused:

Toyo T1R's.
The RE50's are crap in comparison and highly rated in that test posted above.:confused:

I've got RE050-A's on and I love them. I've previously had Parada Spec 2's, RE040's and Eagle F1 GSD3's and the 050-A's are my favorite out of the lot. I think I will try the Asymmetrics next. Never tried the T1R's as I keep seeing mixed reviews on them.

I had Parada spec 2's on my ctr when I bought it and I hated them.They were replaced a week later with a full set of Continental's.Pirelli made some great tires a while back not sure if the tread pattern has been superseeded but the P-Zero were fantastic.

You will never find a definitive answer when Tyres are concerned.

My advice. Don't try and save money with tyres. You get what you pay for.

Back