• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

which wiper blades???

Evl

i'm Perhaps not in the right section??

As you guys know i'm up in the north east of scotland and it gets a little chilly here during the early mornings, sitting at -2 degC as i'm travelling to work at 5am.

So you know whats happening here i'm now finding my Honda wiper blades are skipping when i use them on my screen. i've tried all sorts to keep them clean but it seems that they are freezing up and I don't know what to do. I keep the windshield heater on thinking that it would help but it doesn't; I find that once the temp rises above 2 degC the wipers aren't a problem.

Should i change them to another brand and if so what??

At temps of -2 degC, no matter what you do the wiper blades are going to freeze.. The best wiper blades I've use are Bosch Micro Edge Excel. I'm not a fan of the OEM wiper blades. If you dont have Remote Start I would highly recommend getting it.. where I live I never reach that cold of temperatures but we do get freezing rain and just recently 10" of snow in 24hours! My wiper blades have been know to freeze and I just let my car warm up for 5- 10 mins and the blades get unstuck.

Also keep your heater on high and just have the defroster button on..but other than that there's nothing you can do with weather that cold!

i'l have a look online. are the flat blades worth checking out? I seem to remember i think Muxy talking about it, but can't remember.

as i said all the people i know who have used the areo wiper (the flat one) have said they have been great. i'm after some soon, can be found on ebay for around the £20 mark then car stores for around £25.

i work for BOSCH Cardiff so gonna try an get them cheap from work

Bosch Aeroblades are ok...but in all honesty..for the small number of frosty mornings we have, I would buy the OEM Valeo blades from Honda..especially as last time I bougt them they were only 8 quid each.

I have Valeo 'BEAM' blades on my FN2...they are pretty good, too big for the EP3 though.

As far as freezing up, there is nothing you can do...that is why Rally drivers use 'winter' blades that are in a rubber boot.

Aftermarket beam blades are a lottery though as they are 'tuned' for glass curvature...some may work superbly others may be useless....:lol:

I got some Inovision ones from ebay for my DC5. They have been fine for me.

Back