• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which would you go for Mugen or ITG Maxogen intake?

Which would you go for Mugen or ITG Maxogen intake?

and reasons why?

i currently have the ITG and happy with it to be honest from looks and performance
when I say performance I mean I don't really feel much difference over stock so nothing dropped in feel

But mugen is suppose to be smooth driving and good for low end

I've had several intakes on EP3s and only the Tegiwa carbon scoop one really impressed me. Looks awesome, sounds awesome and gives the best power gain (really noticeable)

Mugen. It collects air from the high pressure area at the front of the car, no brainer. J's Intake also.

ITG gets fairly good gains. From what I've heard Mugen is only a little better than OEM, but comes with a JDM scene tax.
What is it you're after? Power, bit more noise?

I'm always dubious on 'gains' from intakes, as most are measured on the dyno. I can't help thinking real world testing would yield different results.

Travelling at 80mph with a front facing intake and scoop, using all that high pressure, can't be replicated on a dyno with a fan.

I've routed a new flexi hose to the front where the mugen would take air from

think I'll keep with what I have and spend the money elsewhere for now

gruppe m/ teg noise is greatest but drowns out exhaust note and apparently good at peak but not as smooth or good at low end

I fitted the teg and its one of the best mods I've done. Would definitely recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the cut out on the scuttle for a teg m
also I prefer to be able to hear the exhaust a bit more which it is subtle as it is and I'm sure the teg m would drown out

Back