• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whinging noise when foot off clutch ep3 type r 2002

Hey as title says got a whining noise when foot is of the clutch but when clutch is down it goes away any ideas clutch realise bearing ??

Sounds like it but would it not make the noise when ur foot is on the clutch rather than off it could be a bearing in the gearbox :confused: any gearbox removal guides on this forum for ep3 type r

Release bearings make the noise when there is no load on them so to speak. So when your foot is off the clutch pedal and you hear the noise then that is a classic sign that it is the release bearing at fault.

Should last a few miles I would say.

Clutch is about a 5hr job I think. Maybe quicker with Grinspeed. Alot of good talk of them doing clutch and gearbox work. They seem to be pretty quick as well.

Should last a few miles I would say.

Clutch is about a 5hr job I think. Maybe quicker with Grinspeed. Alot of good talk of them doing clutch and gearbox work. They seem to be pretty quick as well.
Okay thanks but will be doing it myself going to get the exedy clutch kit for it 130 pound was worrying thinking it might be a bearing inside the gearbox

Just be careful as there are two Exedy clutches. The Euro and US versions. The Euro is toffee and doesn't last long, the US is much better.

Personally I went for a genuine Honda clutch that I ordered from Cox in the traders section. Came with a genuine Honda bearing and I'm sure it was around £150.

Try Hendy too as they are very competitive.

Thanks loxy much appreciated am kinda new To Hondas had saxo vtss and 106 gtis most of the time but fancied a type r for the road had it about year and a half and love it

Back