• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whining noise still there after repair

The whining noise at 2krpm is still there. The mechanic said its the ac air con compressor I got the part he put part in cost me over 100 for lot and now the noise is still there. I have also changed top idler pulley aux belt and got all other pulleys checked. The noise is coming from the drivers side wheel area near aux area. Can someone please help as I have to take car back and need an idea of what this could be or shall I take it to stealers????

The whining noise at 2krpm is still there. The mechanic said its the ac air con compressor I got the part he put part in cost me over 100 for lot and now the noise is still there. I have also changed top idler pulley aux belt and got all other pulleys checked. The noise is coming from the drivers side wheel area near aux area. Can someone please help as I have to take car back and need an idea of what this could be or shall I take it to stealers????

Hi mate best thing to do is make a sort video of it i'm sure our members on here would able to help

Hi mate best thing to do is make a sort video of it i'm sure our members on here would able to help

Making the video isn't a problem you wont be able to hear it with the buddy club exhaust on as well. Any ideas what it is? Could it be the drive shaft heat shield is that near the drivers side wheel area?? There is also another heat shield which is under engine and that's been removed or is this the drive shaft anyone have any idea thanks haz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it make that noise when your driving
Just say your driving 25 MPH in 4th and you gain speed to get to 30 MPH does the noise appear in that speed

Does it make that noise when your driving Just say your driving 25 MPH in 4th and you gain speed to get to 30 MPH does the noise appear in that speed
Will have to check and get back. Where the noise is coming from the only thing I can think of is crank pulley but I don't want to spend 100 pound on a part that I'm not sure bout as I've already spent money on something that was working perfectly fine. Previously one member on here said crank pulley but just want to see what others have to say before I start throwing money again.

Yes matey I have that problem to mate
It's sounds more like supercharger
I'm going to get idler and auto tensioner pully changed soon with new aux belt

I still have that noise after changing the air con compressor the mechanic said the bearing was bad in the air con and now today when I took it back he said its more of a rattle coming from somewhere and said that the bearing noise has gone i think i just wasted money on something that didn't need changing. So I don't have any idea of what it can be.? The aux and idler will be a waste of money as I have changed them. Try the auto tensioner first and get back to me as soon as you do it. Nobody else know what the rattle is at 2krpm. Its not drive shaft heat shield as thats already been removed. It also makes the noise when I'm in reversing on to drive..

Last edited by a moderator:
Non on mine mate

Then I would definitely look at crank pulley I think my mechanic has mistaken this one for ac air con compressor as I'm thinking they are right next to each other. Get someone to listen to it hold it on the revs and its coming from the bottom of the drivers wheel area. Or change it and get back thanks.

Back