• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whistling noise

After todays meet I have realised that my windscreen whistles at 130mph. Should I try and get a warranty claim ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a common fault, see the "common fault" thread.

Honda advertise the CTR will do 146mph so it is a fault. The dealer should try and fix it.
The only trouble will be if they know they have fixed it :evil:

Honda advertise the CTR will do 146mph so it is a fault. The dealer should try and fix it.
The only trouble will be if they know they have fixed it Evil or Very Mad

Agree with this, have a look at the side and top screen seals and see if any are distorted, and also ensure it is not actually the side window seals.
Also, when you do this speed on a track again, make it happen, then stop, and move the door mirrors in and try again.

Quite how you tell the dealer and make it sound convincing I am not sure but, good luck and let us know how you do it.

Thanks will have a try anyway. When the car was a couple of months old I did 150 on the autobahn and not a sound from the car. So something has definately has changed

Damian

I had this fault on my old Sport. It was fine when I first got the car, then I started to get this whistle at 90mph, then it would do it at 80mph then as low as 65mph.

So it was defiently getting worse.

Dealer sorted it no problem 8)

Went to Boston Honda on Wednesday went with 3 faults and I am very happy with the way they treated me.

Whistling noise the mechanic tried to replicate the noise and almost succeeded :shock: :lol: :lol: They believe me anyway and will reseal the windscreen when i'm next visiting Boston.

The whining noise I have told you about in another thread.

Also my drivers side window rattles when its halfway down. They are going to change the regulator and the runner.

So very impressed.

Damian

yeah mine did this on the autobahn on the way to the ring. It started at 130mph then changed tune at 140 then i couldn't hear it for the wind noise at 160 lol(probably 150gps due to inaccurate speedo's on ctr)

Back