• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

whys my ep3 eating so much oil?

ive just had my ep3 seviced on 1st october everything was fine apart from they said its using too much oil. i had it in a week earlier for a diagnostic check and they topped up the oil and checked the whole car over for a silly noise which has now gone but does any 1 know whats happening with the oil? it used 1/2 a litre in that week between diagnostic and the sevice! please help.

well I used 10-40 then used 0-40 and now using 10-40 and like dotty use next to nothing, i think when i used the 0-40 i topped up about 1litre over 7k but with 10-40 is half that

As a guide, I had my oil changed 1500 miles ago using Silkolene Pro-s 5W40 fully synthetic. (thanks Opie oils)

I have done some spirited driving on both twisties and also long distance motorway runs, thrown in with that I ran 7 times up Santa pod raceway yesterday. I checked my oil this morning and it is still on the maximum mark.:cool:

silly noise, i had a couple, 1 was when the engine was started from cold, like a grinding noise and the other 1 which i thought had gone but has,nt! is like a squeek when lifting off clutch fast. any ideas?

The grinding noise could be the starter motor sticking ( it's a common fault on the CTR ) if it only happens when you start the car from cold.

maybe, but ive had 2 new starter motors from honda when it was still under warranty and its still doing it!

Back