• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wider rears...

Realistically what width rim could I get on the rears of an EP2? Because I've found a set of alloys for a Porsche that I like the look of and the fitments are as follows; 5x130, 8x18'' ET42 AND 10x18'' ET47. Now I know the bolt patterns wont match up, so I'll need some adapters or double sided tape =p but my question to you kind people is will they fit? Or will I need to roll/extend my rear arches or add a ridiculous amount of camber?

Thanks peoples

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how low you are also; you could go to about 9" wide if desired, but you'll need silly negative camber (in the region of anything from -2.8 to -3.0 or lower still). Arches would need rolling; ride height will dictate what you can do as will negative camber and the off set of the wheels. :)

I think 10" will cause an issue; a few in fact, especially on an OEM sort of off-set. Not worth the hassle. I looked in to this myself - aside the aggressive stance, the car'll handle poorly and look as if the rear wishbones have collapsed LOL. Wide 35 profile tyres are expensive too.

I have 9's on the rear, offset is ET 25, I have not put any extra camber on, though I will as it will look neater, I am also running a slight stretch on the rear tyre as well, not a huge amount though. The only arch work needed was to roll the lip, £80 for the pair from Arch Enemy. You could go 9.5 if you wanted with the right offset, though in that case I would start looking at overfenders. Any more than 9 is overkill though I think. Oh my rims are only 17 though which is a large as I would want to go, helps with the proportions anyway, the car is quite low, but will be going lower once I dial in an extra 1.5 deg neg camber.

She drives great as well, and that is without a proper set up, I will be popping along to Powerstation and talk to Curtis at AST so we can have a we play with some settings.... check out my members thread if you want to see pics.

Thanks TypeRiter, at the moment I'm running at standard height =[ but I hope to be getting some coilovers fairly soon. And as for any handling issues that I might occur, I doubt they will affect me dramatically in day to day use.

Thanks G, yeah I just read about your car in the back of FC lol. You really think 10 is overkill? I guess I should really see how much dish you get on the 9j bbs lm reps (can't afford the real McCoy) it looks like a decent amount looking at that seat on page 83 Don't suppose you know whether they were 9 or 9.5? The plan is to go for the J-euro look. So I'm after smooth lines, nice and low plus a nice dish =D

On my S2000 Im running 9s and you dont have to run massive neg camber to make them tuck. I think Im running something like 2.6? The EP4 should be kinda the same setup I would have thought!

Back