• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wife's Type S

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Mine's a Type R as you'll probably all have guessed!!
Dsc01791.jpg

but the car behind was my first Honda, now owned by the wife.

It's a 2.0 i-Vtec EV1 Type S, K20a3 158bhp, half leather, air con, cruise... you name it! Was the local Honda Dealers car (not a demo or loan car, but salesmans daily drive) until it got to 18 months old then it became ours.

It was K&N's test vehicle for the 57i kit on the UK K20a3. They had it for two weekends in Warrington. They tried to fit a Typhoon but they weren't happy with the bend on the flexi hose onto the inlet manifold and so it has not been officially approved for the UK Type S. I argued till I was blue in the face that it was the same engine as the RSX 2.0 but the test engineer assured me the UK block has a different angle on the inlet. Still, got the 57i kit free and a few K&N T-shirts!! And the filter is mahoosive!

I know it'll suffer badly from heatsoak, but it's the missus car now and I don't fancy trying to fit an ITG or a CAI in there just in case the mounts are different, and I'm not shelling out for a Gruppe M for it, one will be going on my Type R first!

Since getting this car I've obviously had the K&N done, I had the New shape Type S 17" alloys on it for a while but they were too wide for the arches and were fouling when the missus's sisters were in the back :rolleyes: .

I've fitted the Honda Alpine Double din Nav unit myself, which was a piece of p1ss. Took about 2 hours, but a word of warning, if the car didn't come with nav already, the fitting kit is another £100+VAT from the stealers but at least you then get an instruction manual!

Also got a Red H vinyl on the steering wheel so it looks a bit better and did have a facelift Type R Red H Grill badge on it until some thieving *&^% pinched it!! They left my Type R alone and got the badge off my missus' car! Purist thieves!! lol

Type R, Type S and Sport all have the same grill so badges the same badges can be fitted on either.

So now back on the standard silver badge, but got an RSX 'Type S' grill badge sent over from the States and fitted that instead.

Any how pics below!
Dscf06961.jpg

Dscf0692.jpg

Dscf0913.jpg

Dscf0813.jpg

Dscf0815.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

Engineplate.jpg

HME_1296.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...and did have a facelift Type R Red H Grill badge on it until some thieving *&^% pinched it!! They left my Type R alone and got the badge off my missus' car! Purist thieves!! lol
:lol::lol::lol:

I quite like the Type S badge on the grille, but don't see the point of the 2.0 one being on there too, looks a little busy imho. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I quite like the Type S badge on the grille, but don't see the point of the 2.0 one being on there too, looks a little busy imho. ;)

It came with it on tbh. Only reason I've left it on is it's the only real indication that it's not a normal 5 door Civic. That is until it it leaves the Corsa and Saxo boys at the lights! 0-60 standard is 8.2, so it's not slow, but it feels like driving a bowl of rice pudding after getting out of my EP3.

Another pic here, showing the 06 Civic Type S alloys on the car. They looked mint, just a shame they hit the arches with family in the back. :rolleyes:

DSC00917.jpg

I always felt this engine should have gone in the Sport 3 door to bridge the gap to the type R, nice to hear fitting the Sat Nav was easy, do i assume once you have the fitting kit it is simply a case of plugging in and fitting back in to dash?

I always felt this engine should have gone in the Sport 3 door to bridge the gap to the type R, nice to hear fitting the Sat Nav was easy, do i assume once you have the fitting kit it is simply a case of plugging in and fitting back in to dash?

Sort of. It comes with the brackets to mount the thing but there's an extra wiring loom that you've got to fit. It comes with the wire splicers but you've got to connect it to a specific line off the fuse box under the steering wheel. You've got to take the clocks out of the dash as the GPS antenna sits behind there and you also have to splice the speedo wire. The unit uses gyros and the car's speedo to fill in the gaps when it loses GPS signal.

It doesn't take that long, you just have to be sure you are splicing the right wire!!

Wifey's car replaced yesterday.

Stuck with the right make.

FK2, so 1.8 iVtec 5 door, EX model with all the bells and whistles. 9 months old and just done 9k miles yesterday. Nighthawk Black Pearlescent and Supaguarded and had optional door protectors fitted, which I think look pretty neat and will hopefully save the paintwork at the supermarket.

Voice activation is bizarre but I'm sure we'll get used to it... I asked it 'what time is it' which is a proper command and it set the heating to 28 degrees. I don't think it understands northern!

Just a few pics for now, but will get more on and start a new thread probably...

Excuse the wife looking very pleased with herself in the last one!

Dsc02055.jpg

Dsc02057.jpg

Nice, how do you find compared to the old one?

The cabin seems a lot more focused towards the driver. All the instruments are right in front of you, the nav screen is turned at the driver and it doesn't suffer when the sun is shining like the old one did.

The turning circle is a hell of a lot better than the old 5 door so its easier to park, but on the downside the steering does feel a little light at low speeds, but the assistance backs off when you're moving which is good.

1.8 is plenty pokey enough for the wife, it's got more low down pull which is good.

Pretty impressed so far.

:lol:

Congrats mate, did you get a good deal?

The dealer couldn't move on the screen price but came straight in with his best deal without being pushed. He gaves us 3.8% on the finance and £500 over Glasses for our old car, we got a full set of mats, a paint stick and half a tank of fuel so not to be sniffed at really.

The wife tried to get 6 months tax but he was straight in saying that he'd used up all he was allowed to.

Car was £5,500 less than new so for a 9 month old car was pretty keenly priced too.

Back