• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will I notice a difference?

Hi chaps,

I currently have a k&N typhoon fitted but am going to put standard intake back on.
Opened the box up tonight and the filter is filthy so been looking on eBay and a genuine OEM filter is around 20 quid but also looked at the k&N filters which are over 40 quid. Would I notice any difference if I was to get the k&N? I will not be attempting the hondata mod so the box will be as it is.

replies will be much appreciated as I am wanting to order ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Yeah, I just don't know, it's double the price though so if I don't get any more replies I'll order OEM one.
By the way loving your s2000! : )

The k&n will last a lifetime if cleaned. the oem will need to be purchased again and again. Speed wise no difference except a plecebo effect.

do a search for the do-luck filter on ebay. Some wild power gain claims but worth a try for a few quid i guess.

No way will you notice the difference. Standard OEM filter in the OEM box is fine.

do a search for the do-luck filter on ebay. Some wild power gain claims but worth a try for a few quid i guess.

I got one of these. there is no difference in power or sound. but you can clean it so only ever need one and some spray! I got my one from sumo power, about £35 IIRC.

Hi chaps,

I currently have a k&N typhoon fitted but am going to put standard intake back on.
Opened the box up tonight and the filter is filthy so been looking on eBay and a genuine OEM filter is around 20 quid but also looked at the k&N filters which are over 40 quid. Would I notice any difference if I was to get the k&N? I will not be attempting the hondata mod so the box will be as it is.

replies will be much appreciated as I am wanting to order ASAP.

Thanks in advance

What's the hondata mod?

Well I plan on keeping the car for some time so gona get the k&N or do-luck
And save a few quid in the long run.

Back