• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will it fit???

Hi Guys

Recently bought a Honda EG6 with an Integra B18 engine / S80 gearbox :) All was going great until a friend ( who's a machanic ) put the wrong oil in, was way to thick. Outcome is cooked the bottom end and lots off knocking and rattling.

I've found an accord 2.2 type r engine that's been supercharged. Does anyone know if it will this will fit my car with no ajustments and can I use my gearbox?

CheeRS
James

Sorry, I misread.

Thought you meant h22 block with B18 head....

H22 will fit, not sure wether charger/ box will too though.

Hi Guys

Recently bought a Honda EG6 with an Integra B18 engine / S80 gearbox :) All was going great until a friend ( who's a machanic ) put the wrong oil in, was way to thick. Outcome is cooked the bottom end and lots off knocking and rattling.

I've found an accord 2.2 type r engine that's been supercharged. Does anyone know if it will this will fit my car with no ajustments and can I use my gearbox?

CheeRS
James
as stoo and loxy said i think the h22a fits not sure about matching the gearbox though

At a guess you'd need to change the mounts, at least part of the wiring loom, and the S80 gearbox won't work with the H22A. You'd also need new driveshafts etc.. It's not going to be a straight swap.

Thanks for the help and advice guys. Got the engine this evening, will give it ago on the weekend. If I get it up and running I'll post some pictures and videos!!

Back