• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Will J's front strut brace fit with AEM V2?

I'm almost positive that this has been asked already but I can't find the thread.:confused:

I think the answer was no, but I've been looking at some pictures and I can't see it being a problem.

If it won't fit does anybody know of a strut brace that will fit with the V2?

Cheers

The V2`s pish anyway mate

Any helpful comments?:p

It does for my purposes just now, it was on the car when i bought it and it sounds pretty good, I know theres probably no gains to be had from having it on. I want an ARC box but can't stretch to the cost of one just now.

No it won,t fit mate,tried it myself a few months back.Havent found one that will either,you,l probably have to change the filter if you really want one,im gona leave as is for now.

Knew I had seen a thread on this somewhere.

The folks over on ITR-DC5 seem to think a brace will fit. And a few said they have braces with V2's.

The filter sits just slightly higher than the engine and photos I have seen with braces fitted to the DC5 don't look like it should be a problem. Most of the braces I have seen look like they sit further back than the bend on the V2 as well. Might do a bit of further investigation. But will probably rule out the J's brace.

I want to get an ARC box eventually anyway so I might just order a brace and if (when) it doesn't fit I'll throw back on the standard airbox for a while.

Funds aren't going to allow anything at the moment however as MOT is this month (although that should be plain sailing) and insurance is next month.

I ended up getting a Spoon strut brace and it fitted fine, just incase anyone was interest.

spoon is almost thesame as the j's for fit, i had both and the older version of the V2 with no fit issues its miles (not literally) away

Back