• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will my ctr fail mot with cracked light?

ian

Red Snapper
Can anyone please tell me if our CTR will fail its MOT with these two cracks in the rear cluster? (Sorry about the poor pic.)

As I have a "free mot test for life" card from the dealer where I bought the car, I don't want it to fail on this and then have to pay for a re-test, as well as a cluster, if it needs doing anyway.:)

Any help much appreciated!:D

Attachments

• DSCF5113CTR.jpg
    DSCF5113CTR.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 18
Borrow one for the test ;)

Cheers mate, not a bad idea.:D I would if I could tbh, but time constraints and work issues, mean I need to drop it at the dealer tomorrow or Tues ideally. I don't know anyone local enough to borrow one off in time.:(

If its a deffo failure, I'll put the Mot off till I have got it sorted, 'cos I don't want to pay dealer price for the light and labour etc if I can avoid it.

Ta for the idea tho! :cool:

Can anyone confirm if this is likely to pass or fail please?:)

I can't confirm for 100% sure but seeing as the cluster is still all in one piece and the cracks won't affact the illumination/light colour then imo it will pass and i'll eat my face if it doesn't. HTH :p 8)

My Beat has had a cracked rear cluster and passed its mot for the last 2 years at my local honda dealers...

Neil - Cheers, that's pretty much what I thought too, just wanted to check! LOL at "...eat my face" comment! :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for your replies guys! :smt023

It passed, just as you guys said it would!!:D :cool: ;)

Got top service from the staff too - pleasantly surprising from a Renault dealership! :eek: :lol: They fitted my wipers for free, gave me a discount on the MOT as I had our other car done there a few weeks back, and were generally very efficient. Only two mins down the road too, so would certainly go back.

Got an advisory notice that all four tyres are now nearing their legal limit though.:eek: (I was kinda expecting that!)

Tax disc and new boots tomorrow and she's good to go for another year!:cool:

Back