• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Window stuck.

:(
I've got a problem the drivers side window has become stuck open. It will go down but when going up it judders and grinds and stops. Definitely something mechanical thats failed.
I remember seeing a thread on here a while ago where someone had the same problem but can't find it using the search bar. Can anyone point me in the right direction. It's looking like a trip to Honda in the morning, hope it doesn't rain.

Is it going out alignment and twising as it goes it up? Could be a loose runner...

Doesn't appear to be, just grinds and stops. It only moves a fraction of a cm up so can't really tell if it's twisting or not.

You probably going to need to take the door card off and look inside then....

Yeah thought I might have to.
Think I'll have a poke around first might be fixable. If it's not I'll take it in to Honda.

hey man, it may not be the same thing, but that was happening to my old car, so i got my mate to have a look at it who owns a body repair shop and it turned out that inside the rubber/plastic sides where the window runs up and down, there is meant to be a thin layer of felt or some other material to stop the plastic rubbing on the glass, and mine had worn out which made it stick. So we got replacement ones from a scrap yard and it worked fine since

Back