• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

window tinting gone wrong - please help!

Hi all, I've recently attempted to tint the windows of my EP3. The rear side windows were a success but the rear window was a failure. And during this failure I (well, my mate) managed to cut through the demister strips and so they don't work. Is there anyway I can salvage this or do I need a new window? If a new window is needed is it possible to order one pre-tinted to save me the trouble?

Many thanks, Brad.

thanks mate thats a big help. think i'll have a go at that repair kit and then get a professional to tint the windows next time!

Id be very surprised if that kits works. The elements are near impossible to fix. You could get your back window replaced with one from a Premier Edition!! They come dark as standard. Where you based. I fit windscreens etc for a living. If you need any help give me a shout.

Spooner was talking to me about those pens ladt time I saw them. My two middle ones have died so let us know if it works

Saw a guy apply it at work to a 911... some how shorted out i guess, and the rear glass *exploded* bit of a strong word, but it cracked with a bang... be very careful!!! im not saying the kit doesnt work... just i've seen that didnt end well...

I guess it might be a good idea to disconnect the battery when doing it in that case then!

:lol:

Fair enough. Like you said either shorted or the repair material being different from the element, giving a massive heat spot in contrast to the rest of the window.

Back