• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Window tinting my civic type R ep3

Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting the 2 back seat windows and the rear window tinted, I have seen there is a company that can do it not to far from me called Essex tints, link to their site below:

http://www.essextints.co.uk/home/271124

1. Does anyone know the estimated cost for this parts and labour in general.

2. Has anyone ever used this company before and are they any good.

3. Any pictures would be appreciated.

4. What's the general view of tinting the rear 3 windows or leaving untinted as I can't decide if I should leave them or go for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I understand that the rear 3 windows can be as dark as you like with no limit with regards to being legal.

Appreciate any feedback ;)

Prices differ but should be in the region of £100. And you can go as dark as you like on the back.
Cant comment on the company as i haven used them but go there and have a look for yourself. Should be examples of their work sitting all over the place if their any good.

Prices differ but should be in the region of £100. And you can go as dark as you like on the back.
Cant comment on the company as i haven used them but go there and have a look for yourself. Should be examples of their work sitting all over the place if their any good.

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback, what's your opinion on tinting the rear 3 windows or leaving them untinted?

I think I've had the rear windows tininted on every car I 've had. Looks way better IMO.

Not sure on the cost though. Know someone who does it privately and always done me a deal. But £100 sounds about right.

I think I've had the rear windows tininted on every car I 've had. Looks way better IMO.

Not sure on the cost though. Know someone who does it privately and always done me a deal. But £100 sounds about right.

Thanks mate appreciate your feedback, I definitely like the way the tints look as long as there done professionally with no bubbles etc, just trying to get general feel of what type R owners think ;)

Yeah, it can look awful if done badly. Google EP3 Premier. They have it as standard so you can see what you think.

Another one of the many reasons I went for a premier edition is due to the rear windows already having a factory tint on them. They just look so much better.
Check out my members car thread for pictures of a NHB if you want an idea on how yours will look mate :)

Another one of the many reasons I went for a premier edition is due to the rear windows already having a factory tint on them. They just look so much better.
Check out my members car thread for pictures of a NHB if you want an idea on how yours will look mate :)

Ok mate will do, my friend has a jdm import premier as well and he has the factory tinted glass, checked his out and they look really nice, I have had my car for 5 years mate, purchased from Honda main dealer completely standard with no mods or styling, I am now going through the mod journey and styling on the car lol, I have a build thread as well, planning to do some track days also once I've got the car to the spec I want ;)

Nice work mate. I was planning to keep mine standard but it just never turns out that way lol
Good luck with the build, will keep an eye on it and see exactly what you get up to :)

Back