• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Windscreen Alarm?

Ped

Hi, stuck to the inside of my windscreen is two clear (with wire in) rectangles about the size and position of the sun visors when folded down.

My presumption is that they are active sensors when the car is alarmed and are triggered if the windscreen is smashed?

Could someone please correct me if im wrong and also help me figure out if i can remove them without damaging the alarm system?

Its a CAT 1 by Hornet and its a JDM ep3. Thanks in advance.

You're best to get a picture up to be honest. Also, do you know the model of your alarm?

If it's not for the alarm, there's a possibility it could be an aerial of some sort.

I can get a picture yes. The car has a japanese flip up dvd/satnav. It might be to do with that come to think of it now you have said ariel!!!

I shall get a picture soon!

Pictures
DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

What you recon? Satnav related?

That definitely looks to be an aerial to me, I'd be very surprised if that has anything to do with your alarm. It's huge, no wonder you want to get rid of it!

Haha yeah! And when i want out to get photos i looked for some sort of Text on it to at least associate it with something. But theres nothing on it....

Definitely looks like an aerial of some sorts, perhaps a satnav aerial. A alarm wire or foil would be a loop and yours isn't.

These (ignore the control box):

3018o.jpg

usually one placed either side of the car.

Why would the most unlikely window to be smashed in a break in be alarmed?

Who robs a car through the windscreen?!?!

Sensors detect movement within the vehicle or a change of air pressure so a broken window would more than enough to set the alarm off deeming a window alarm wire useless or unecessary.

What you have is nothing to do with the alarm. It's an aerial for a satnav/mobile phone etc.

It has no loop to create a circuit to be broken.

Back