• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

windscreen problems?

over the last month or so i have noticed that the inside of my windscreen has allot of condensastion on the inside in the morning which will turn to ice when its really cold:confused:
i am getting really ****ed off having to scrape the ice off on the inside.
any ideas why this is happening?

Most likely its wet inside the car, either from a leak for something wet you've put in there.

Let me guess yours is an Air con model. Best thing i can suggest is firstly clean the inside of the windscreen with something spirit based. Secondly get your hands on some silica gel packs (the little white packets that come in shoes, electricals etc) and put them in the car (i have some in glove box and also in centre cubby hole). I found mine was forever misting up and checked all round for leaks (even got the screen inspected when they did the stone chips as thought it might be the seal leaking) and was just told it is something that happens.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have this too, pi$$'s me right off.

I'll clean the screen and check my A/C.

Mines does this ocasionally,when on a long drive open the window ajar with the heaters blowing on the wondscreen and that helps blow moisture in the car out or leave the car runing with the A/C on for 15min as im pretty sure it removes moisture from the air via dehumidifier.i may be talking alot of gash but they w ork for me :) lol

A/C does dehumidify so just leave it on all the time, although it won't work in low temerature (usually below 5C)

cheers for the replies guys.
unfortunatly i don't have a/c but i will be giving the inside of my car a good clean on sunday so i will clean the screen with a little spirits and try the silica gel pack idea.
it baffles me that only the windscreen freezes and no other windows do.

Let me guess yours is an Air con model. Best thing i can suggest is firstly clean the inside of the windscreen with something spirit based. Secondly get your hands on some silica gel packs (the little white packets that come in shoes, electricals etc) and put them in the car (i have some in glove box and also in centre cubby hole). I found mine was forever misting up and checked all round for leaks (even got the screen inspected when they did the stone chips as thought it might be the seal leaking) and was just told it is something that happens.
Thats a good tip.

Have one small silica gel pack in mine and it makes quite a difference.

Also if you have the car really warm inside when you park up after a drive in cold weather if car mist up due to the difference of the inside and outside temp. I usaully got for about half to 3/4s on the heating temp with a slow fan speed just to keep everythnig clear while driving.

Have one small silica gel pack in mine and it makes quite a difference.

This works so well it's funny.

I put two large packs, say the size of a bag of nuts from the pub in each of the doors and nothing.

May have been a bit of a overkill with two but i'm happy.

I use the silica gel for condensation in my rear tail lights, worked a treat. there has been a slight build up since so ill reseal them in the summer. Dont forget that you can re-use silica gel but putting them in the oven and drying them out slowly!

Back