• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Windscreen replacement

Came back from Sunderland after watching the fa cup 3rd round match with a nice 6" crack on the passengers edge of the windscreen :(

Just wondering if anyone's has auto-glass replace a cracked windscreen?
How long does it take them?

I had mine done about 6 months ago now when (no word of a lie, there were bits of the rock between the screen and the scuttle panel when he lifted the old one out) a rock flicked up from between the rear wheels of an lorry and went through the bottom of my screen.

The fitter had a bit of a fight with the wiper arms on mine as they seem to have corrosion welded themselves to the splines so it took a bit longer than he said it would usually take but it took just under an hour all in. He did say though that i couldn't drive the car for 2 hours afterwards and he reccomended i didnt drive it far that day, Certainly no vtec.

I had mine done about 6 months ago now when (no word of a lie, there were bits of the rock between the screen and the scuttle panel when he lifted the old one out) a rock flicked up from between the rear wheels of an lorry and went through the bottom of my screen.

The fitter had a bit of a fight with the wiper arms on mine as they seem to have corrosion welded themselves to the splines so it took a bit longer than he said it would usually take but it took just under an hour all in. He did say though that i couldn't drive the car for 2 hours afterwards and he reccomended i didnt drive it far that day, Certainly no vtec.

Had the same problem with corrosion on the splines when I wanted to remove arms for a respray, ending up masking car, wet and dry then resprayed while in situ. Did not want to damage with over exertion.

Had mine replaced last year. Apart from sourcing the part (the problem with owning an import) they were very efficient. Takes about an hour to do.

They broke some clips to the plastic side covers taking the windscreen out, but to be fair they're the pop in ones which don't come out too easily. They replaced these FOC of course (again I had to wait for the part).

The sealant takes about 24 hours to set properly so giving it the beans it not advised for a day or two.

thanks for the reviews guys, it gets done this afternoon. Kind of feel sorry for the guy having to work outside in these tempertures

ah well its not getting done this afternoon, the technician got stuck at the previous appointment so they've cancelled mine and rearranged me for next friday afternoon

Back