• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 winter tyres

Dear All,

Since this is my first post here, I want to thank you all for the good info I found so far on this forum.

Now, looking at the options for the winter setup, I'm thinking of going the OEM (for winter) path to some extent, that is : 225/40 R18.
So, rims:
ATS Streetrallye (ET 48) 7.5x18 ET48 5x120 72.6

1. Will they fit over the front brakes?
2. Is the centre bore an issue? (the car centre bore is 64.1 mm) According to the supplier , "Alloy wheels are delivered with fitting kit"
3. How to handdle the tyre inflation system ? Just disable it?
4. How do they look? (pics attached ) To me, they remind me of past championship white type Rs...:)

Regarding the tyres, I am considering 225/45 R18, as 225/40 would lower the car by 5mm (not good if we get lots of snowing). The 225/45 would actualy raise the car by 6.5 mm.
I guess they would fit under the arches ?!
What are your thoughts on this size?

All your comments are more than welcomed ...:)
Thanks

Attachments

• alloy_v3_3350_5_2_896721013-br0-896721013.png
    alloy_v3_3350_5_2_896721013-br0-896721013.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 18
  • vrimz_ATS__Streetrallye.jpg
    vrimz_ATS__Streetrallye.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 30
Just sold them to Germany.

You will need spigot rings with that centre bore, not a big issue.

OEM size is 19x8.5J ET60. My TDs were 18x8J ET45 and had about another 7-8mm clearance more than OEM. Hard to say with those wheels as you can't see how deep the spokes are.

I bought a set from eBay and the wheels came with some too, so I ended up with a black set and a pink set.

No you can't disable the warning. Change your wheels and reset the monitoring through the steering wheel menus. I had less spurious alerts on the winters than I did with the usual summer tyres.

There are no sensors in the valves or wheels, nothing that fancy.

The monitoring is from changes in the rotational rates monitored from the ABS sensors in the hubs.

Thank you!
My wife's Accord has sensors in the valves and I was positive it would be the same with the type r... Never even looked at the damn valves...
Once again, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No you can't disable the warning. Change your wheels and reset the monitoring through the steering wheel menus. I had less spurious alerts on the winters than I did with the usual summer tyres.
How do you reset this?

Edit: Found, ignition on but engine not running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Handily, I did a video in case anyone else wonders.

[video=youtube;a33bYrOKdYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33bYrOKdYI[/video]

Back