• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

wire missing behind door card

Hi guys,
I took my door card off today to put a new mirror on my car and found that a wire is missing from half way down the door. It is one wire that branches off into two sockets. Its the skinny socket that is missing. I checked under my other door card and it is all connected up fine. Do you guys know what this wire is for? Also, my key fob central locking is not working to lock the door but works to unlock. Is this related?

are you any good at reading wiring diagrams :lol: :lol: :lol:

22-220a25.gif

this is a diagram of the power locking system. its for a 4/5 door but the front's are the same.
at the bottom left, drivers super locking actuator i would think that's the central locking motor in the lock mechanism.
and above that, drivers super locking control unit. is somewhere else but they are linked with 3 wires and 2 run parallel witch may be the suspect wire.
i would think one is a send and the other a return and the v shape where they join is a switch that makes a circuit when lock is activated or non active. with one of the wires missing the brains may not be seeing if the door is locked or unlocked and not respond to your key fob.
have a check what colour wires are on each loom and match them up to the diagram.

o boy this is confusing!

lol, ain't it just. do you remember what colour the wires are. the wires on drivers and passengers are either light green with a black stripe and a light green wire (pair) and grey with a red stripe and grey (pair). course one will be missing.

i have other diagrams if they are not the culprit.

well, i'll have to check it when i get the chance. But basically it is as you described one of the wires that splits into two. The sockets are parallel to each other and are grey. The wire that was connected was just black, but I may need to have another look as it may just be covering to wires within that black cover maybe! basically if I am looking at my passenger side door the sockets are on top of one another, both are grey sockets, one is bigger than the other. Its the smaller socket on the top that is missing. And I looked for loose wiring everywhere to see if it was about, even tried to track it to the lock but I could not find it.

Back