• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wiring and positioning a DRE shift light?

lol who you going to rope into doing this for you Stu. :wink:

Its fairly easy if you can snap connect the ecu rpm wire, plus you've got power and ground already as haven't you got a terminal block thats hardwired into the cig lighter?

Positioning I've got mine on the steering wheel column although I may move it. :wink:

Chief said:
lol who you going to rope into doing this for you Stu. :wink:

Its fairly easy if you can snap connect the ecu rpm wire, plus you've got power and ground already as haven't you got a terminal block thats hardwired into the cig lighter?

Positioning I've got mine on the steering wheel column although I may move it. :wink:

Hi mate :D

Should have brought mine...I've got one to fit too :oops:

Plus some sidelight bulbs - left it all in Wales :roll:

Don't tell me your fitting this yourself Stu.

I'm soldering my wires on the weekend Carl as the snap connector failed. :p

Chief said:

Your best to solder them on as the snap connectors are too big for how much room you have, also alot better connection.

dc5rwiring_bmp.jpg

Try that

Carl

N77 said:
Chief said:

Your best to solder them on as the snap connectors are too big for how much room you have, also alot better connection.

dc5rwiring_bmp.jpg

Try that

Carl

:shock:

So its the green one?

Ok we have encountered a problem :shock:

Its all wired up however the RPM signal on the wiring diagram N77 posted is different to the actual layout.

We have power and can mess about with the settings when the ignition is on, But when the engine is running and you go past the 'lowest' point and the 'shift' point the lights do not illuminate.

Can someone confirm which is the RPM signal wire?

Cheers.

dotty said:
Ok we have encountered a problem :shock:

Its all wired up however the RPM signal on the wiring diagram N77 posted is different to the actual layout.

We have power and can mess about with the settings when the ignition is on, But when the engine is running and you go past the 'lowest' point and the 'shift' point the lights do not illuminate.

Can someone confirm which is the RPM signal wire?

Cheers.

gimme ten mins and I'll see if I can work out which one it is on my ecu :lol:

(I'm not bored in work or anything...honest guv)

Back