• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wonder Wheels

Any recommendations for wheel cleaning products on CW painted alloys - Apart from soap and water.

Got some wonder wheels kicking about but frightened to use it as it states may affect finish on chrome studs :eek: Also any tips for getting access to clean inside of rims without taking wheels off? Thanks

Wonder wheels is very acidic and should only be used once in a blue to get any bad bits off. I've just started using Billberry wheel cleaner and i'm very impressed.

As for getting inside the rim you just need a long brush.

Have a look here - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Dean AKA Edy has given his wheels some treatment. He posted a thread on the FD2 owners. Perhaps he could do the same on here :)

Yep, once in a blue moon for Wonder Wheels, it's very effective and the trick is to rinse it off ASAP and you shouldn't have any problems. Clay is good for getting tar spots etc off. You're going to struggle on the inside of the rims without taking them off. The muck will be baked on.

If you're going to do it properly take each wheel off, good scrub with Bilberry, clay, then seal with a good wheel sealant or Jetseal 109. Then the next time you clean them a quick wipe should suffice

Thanks guys. Only just clocked 1100 miles as of yet so the dirt isn't too bad on the inside of the rims. Should just wipe off. Thought there may be a way to do it without taking them off the car Definitely going to buy some wheel sealant though. Never knew it existed.

As already mentioned Bilberry Wheels Cleaner is great and don't be put off from fully cleaning your wheels just because they're not that dirty. Remember it's all about keeping the crap off your car/wheels so that it's easier to remove (less chance of damage) later on. Get 'em cleaned properly as suggested above and seal the buggers so whatever else gets on them comes away easier ;)

Another thumbs up for bilberry cleaner. Even mixed down to 10:1 it still shifts the baked on stuff. I have been using it for a while and the first time i used it (wheels had been abused without any love for a good 2-3 months) i water it down 3:1 and gave the wheels a good clean inside and out.

It smells nice to.

Im not really into the detailing malarky, however I am interested in sealing my wheels.

Other than Jetseal 109 what other brands would you recommend [not expensive].

I use Poorboys wheel sealant. Works well, wheels are easier to clean. Takes ages to put it on all 4 wheels though.

Back