• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Worn (aux?) belt?

Hi Civic gurus. Well from owning a Clio 172 I've always been paranoid about the belts from the horror stories. I know this won't chew up the engine if it snaps but are these changed regularly? Noticed today that mine looks like this, is this 'stitching' normal??

IMAG0671 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Hi Civic gurus. Well from owning a Clio 172 I've always been paranoid about the belts from the horror stories. I know this won't chew up the engine if it snaps but are these changed regularly? Noticed today that mine looks like this, is this 'stitching' normal??

IMAG0671 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Hi there, realise this post is very old but what conclusion did you come to? Mine looks similar. Cheers

mine looks the same, needs changing tbh as they are pretty worn, you can check your tensioner to by checking if the arrow and box line up. well worth changing as it runs your water pump to

Do you have any pictures of the arrow and box? Only had the car a couple of days sorry all pretty new to me

Thanks very much! Looks like the arrow wants to be pointing at the near edge of the long raised rectangle mark then

something like that, if you have yourcar manual/service book whatever it is it does explain itself in there if you can find it

Mine doesn't look that bad to be fair, regardless I'm not moving the car till I've serviced it for peace of mind ha

Yeah i've not used mine in the last few days due to clutch being on its way out and i found one of the welds on the exhaust has cracked completely hopefully that will get welded tomorrow

Back