• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Worn Steering wheel . Passenger door holder thingy, and rear wiper

Hello

As you can see from the pic of the steering wheel the top of the wheel is worn (pics looks worse than it is due to the flash), i was wondering if anyone had any tips to get this looking new again? If not is there anywhere that refurbs them.

also the Door handle type thing is looking worn, anyone an idea on the part number so i can hunt down a replacement? Pic shows the bit i am on about

there's some spots of rust near the badge at the front is this common?

Lastly for some reason the rear wiper was taken off and capped over as per pic. to get this back to standard is it just a case of taking the cap off and fitting an arm and blade?

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 31
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 31
the steering wheel there is a refurb kit you can buy from ebay, never used one but I have heard good things about them, other than that find a local place that can recover it.
I have heard of a online site that does exchanges for rewrapped ones, no idea what there called

door handles, either respray them, go on tegiwa (look on here for forum discount) or there is a thread on here about genuine Honda parts, put a post on there and he will pm you a price.
when I bought mine it had carbon fibre ones in, not sure were you buy them from

rust spots is most likely to be from stone chips, get some touch up to patch it in and put some rust remedy on before to stop it rusting anymore

as for the rear wiper, the motor would of been removed unless they cut the shaft off (unlikely) so you will need a motor, arm and blade.
if you keep an eye out on ebay im sure you will get the whole lot pretty cheap.
there might be some listed if you have a look on there.

hope this helps

royal steering wheels. They are a company that refurb steering wheels at a decent price and do an exchange service if they have the wheel you require in stock.

The door handle inserts come out easily. There is a hole at the bottom rear of the handle, put a allen key or similar in the hole and push the insert out. A rub down with wet and dry paper, then a couple of coats of spray paint and it'll look good as new again.

I've seen a couple of wheels retrimmed by Royal, they do fantastic work.

My wiper motor is exposed, so I'll get a snap of it later and post it up for you.

Royal Steering Wheels are ace. Jack's a top guy, he lives about a mile from me so he fitted it for me too. Much better now.

Back