• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Worth getting RBC before k100 ?

hi all as title states? I really want to get this k100 but i want to squeeze as much out as possible before i get it all mapped up.

Currently got.

aem v1 induction (i do want to replace this at some point)
DC mani
HKS 409 exhaust

What else would i need to squeeze more out of it, i know of the RBC but is it worth it ?

well this is what im thinking too tbh the aem does sound nice but i know in reality its not really doing anything for my car

i already have this ?

The V1 is not a CAI as far as I'm aware fella. Cold Air Induction take cold air from outside the car and gets it to the engine, the V1 takes the air from inside the engine bay and is therefore not a CAI. I hope I've got that right :oops:

Scott

yeh rf55 you are right... looks like im going to need a new filter first then thats nocked me back a fair bit now :/ i need more funds cheers for the advice lads

I've heard of people running RBCs without a remap until they get it all done at the same time. At the end of the day, you've got the DC mani on so your engine check light will be on, unless you are using an O2 sim and the AF ratio will more than likely be a bit funky.

When getting the RBC on it might be worth getting a larger throttle body as they compliment each other. More air into the bigger inlet mani. Won't make a massive difference but if you can afford it, go for it.

CAI info here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?38677-Buying-an-AEM-V2-!&p=277170&viewfull=1#post277170

aem_cai3.jpg

aem_cai2.jpg

Or if you have a V2, it will look like this, from later on in the same thread:

AEM036.jpg

There won't be adverse effects as such AFAIK.

I mean your car won't blow up for example - if you run an RBC without getting it mapped.

You'll probably have the poorest economy/efficiency and you won't be realising the benefits of the RBC - but if you intend to get K100 soon after, there should be no problem running unmapped until then.

There's no such thing as an AEM V1.

I'd buy an RBC and fit it when you get a K100 and mapped.

You won't get any major increase with the RBC alone, and if you intend on fitting one down the line, there's no point in getting it mapped, then getting an RBC fitted, as you'd have to remap the car (costing more).

Hi I ran my car with an rbc inlet for a very long time before I got my car KPRO'd as I was building up my bolt on mods for a long time, you will realise a harder kick on the vtec change over and a more aggressive roar. That was coupled with an aem cai, after the rbc I added a toda manifold and tapered throttle body also a spoon b pipe. Obviously the engine light came on the dashboard after a while but my car ran fine and has no damaging effects. Once i had all these bolt on's I got my car KPRO'd at tdi south now I do not have to get it remapped as I have done all the power mods I want to. It costs alot getting it mapped so doing it once helps.

Back