• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Worth getting the GT?

I put my order in yesterday for a standard Type R (red), the salesman asked if I wanted to go for the GT, he seemed a bit surprised that I didn't want to get one. It's not that I can't afford it but can't get to grips with the cost of the GT when you aren't even getting the 19" wheels on it. Have I made a mistake?:(

Errrrr......
If i was getting a new car then id probably pay the extra and get more or less everything on it. If price isnt an issue then I feel youve made the wrong decision :)

What I meant was that it would have been better if the GT had everything included in the spec, including the 19" wheels in the price instead of having to pay extra for them. Don't get me wrong the price is excellent on both, so not meant as a whinge. I was just a bit disappointed in some of the extras not being included in the GT as standard.:D:D

Infact the only whinge I have is that I have got to wait until August for it...but heh that's life!!:p

Infact the only whinge I have is that I have got to wait until August for it...but heh that's life!!:p
if you are waiting for August you might as well wait until September. Will hold it's value better come part exchange ;)

I bought the GT....but I also paid the extra grand just for aircon on my last EP3.you get much more for your 1k this time...i.e. climate control, fogs, foldy mirrors, rain sensors, light sensors, cruise control.I would not worry about getting it in august though......I don't think it will make much difference come resale time if you waited till September. Wasn't that the whole point of having 2 reg marks per year.IMO most people will be after a GT in the second hand market in a few years....a non GT will be harder to shift.

I would expect the GT to be the one that sells for more second hand.

I went for the GT purely for the aircon.

And has been seen with the EP3, aircon is certainly a selling point when the time comes to sell up.

I would stuggle getting a non GT car in my garage, as I have to swing in my mirrors to get the car to fit.

I think you've made a mistake you're likely to regret tbh - the GT version is excellent value. For the extra dosh you get a lot of refinements. 19" wheels are likely to be a pretty hard ride I'd have thought, and I shudder to think what the cost of new rubber is.

Should've gone with the GT for the reasons everyone else has stated. I also think "19's are probably not a great choice either. You can get wheels too big for a car, contary to popular belief.

Get the gt, you wont regret it, Love mine, Especially when the sun is shining.
Iv`e got a nhb, it`s like an oven when you first get in it.

Sorry lads havent come back sooner but good news is that I rang up Two Mills in July and low and behold I have upgraded to a GT. Luckily one had become available (think maybe someone had cancelled order, their loss!!) and the keys will be in my sweaty mitts in three weeks!! Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.:D :D

Aircon pump gets in the way of the supercharger plus adds weight so why pay the extra £££ for something thats going to be removed.
Just my opinion.;)

Just picked my FN2 GT up in milano red!! It feels great!!!!! I have realised though that my fat arse has put even more weight on it after finding it a little snug in the seat, I never had that problem 18 months ago in my previous type r. Time to get on the treadmill me thinks.

I must admit it was completely worth getting the GT, it is just the business. Have spent the last twenty minutes just staring at it. Thanks for all the advice boys it was well worth the extra money.:):):):)

Just picked my FN2 GT up in milano red!! It feels great!!!!! I have realised though that my fat arse has put even more weight on it after finding it a little snug in the seat, I never had that problem 18 months ago in my previous type r. Time to get on the treadmill me thinks.

I must admit it was completely worth getting the GT, it is just the business. Have spent the last twenty minutes just staring at it. Thanks for all the advice boys it was well worth the extra money.:):):):)

I climed out of my EP3 to test drive the FN2 and the seat is narrower for sure. :oops: :lol:

You have not got a fatter arse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep the seats are a little 'snugger':lol:

I found I had to have the back more upright then my EP3.

Ahhh that explains it then. The best of it is that I traded in my old Civic 2.2 CDTi for this one....get to the dealership and as I have had the worst guts in living history, I had no choice but to let out a sneaky arse burp in my old car thinking it's ok he won't be getting in this for the next 20 minutes....get in the dealership only for the saleman to take my keys off me and drive my essence of kak civic round the back ..poor bugger he must have thought the world had ended when he opened that car door!!! Fair play he didn't say anything though while I was sat red faced in his office. He he...sorry for sharing!!:eek::eek::smt047

Back