• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Would you consider EP3 to DC5 worth doing?

Been looking at dozens of cars. Every time i like one I always get back out of the EP3 and think the other cars will be boring when pushing. 350Z for example has been slated on here for that reason, not to mention being fearful of RWD, lol.

The EP3 i love the rawness(relative to newer cars) and the engine and the chuckability, but they are very very common and don't stand out too much, especially to people who don't know about cars. I was thinking that the DC5 would seem to be the best of both worlds; screaming VTEC and probably actually better handling, combined with rareness and I think to the average Joe probably look very sporty compared to the 'it's a civic' EP3.

However, i have read that they pull about the same. Buying an 8K car that pulls the same does put me off.

Just wondering if anyone has done this. There are many threads about ep3 or dc5, but couldn't find one on EP3 to DC5. I suppose one way would be to buy a Kpro'd DC5 and reap all benefits. Just thinking out loud really have many ideas flowing.

What is your budget?

Mine is for sale in August.

They drive much better than an ep3, when you kpro them they get even better :)

Not sure yet. It really depends on whether I get my pay rise (should find out next month), whether I can eventually bare to sell the EP3 and most importantly how much I can get for it.

Cool. It's a significant improvement IMO.

I've had 8 type R's , on my second teg now. However I will always love my JDM EP3.

Hmmmm. You've just added another contender. The JDM ones do stand out. 8 type R's? Have you tried other cars such as scoobys, 350'z or performance beemers at all and still gone back, or never ventured?

Drive one. Make your own mind up.

Or have a read of the countless other EP3 vs DC5 threads ;)

Yes I had an Evo6 running just shy of 400bhp, it was fab.

Although it was costly to run. I came back and many do. I'd love an Evo X too, but I'm set on an FD2 once the Teg gets sold.

i've just done it. got a lot of work to do on the car at the moment; im currently in the 'the car isnt mine' stage. havent 'personalised' it yet so its hard to make a proper comparison as i had my ep3 just right.

the dc5 is a lot 'rawer' than the ep3. i much prefer the cubby space in the tunnel over just the cup holders in the teg. not much space to put stuff. the steering is completely different, less sound deadening (something i'll be remedying) a very different car to drive.

its obviously a coupe, not a hatchback.. handles like its on rails, the recaros hug you in all the right places..

only way to find out is to drive one.

The EP3 is incomparable to the DC5. LSD, 220PS, different gearing, double wishbone rear sus setup... Get a DC5!!!

The thing that does it for me is the LSD and steering feel. Plus the fact they're much rarer and look better. But the EP3 is not a bad car. :)

EP3 defo not a bad car, but if you fancy a change and want to stay in the Honda game, It's either an S2000 or DC5. I have just come from an S2000, and let's say its not very good in the wet! Had it 4 months and now in the DC5. Love LOVE LOVE

I would go for a JDM EP3 but that's me, the Teg is an awesome car and really quick, my mates bro has one and his is rapid.

Ive had 2 ep3's and a short break with an audi (dont do!).. now a dc5 whish id bought one yrs ago but if you look around you can find a good condition low miles and well kept for 7 to 8k

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Out of interest, if the DC5 is considered a better car than an EP3, where would a DC2 sit in the rankings? Higher than an EP3 or lower? Higher than a DC5 or lower?

Just interested really in opinions.

A DC2 is another fantastic car and is still considered the best handling FWD car ever. It is 'raw' though compared to the others so it depends on what the owner wants. For example, I, personally, wouldn't have a DC2 for an everyday car (I'm getting older now and like a few luxuries lol) but I would have one as a weekend toy :twisted:.

Back