• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Looks like a really nice example. Enjoy the car fella. Back in a Honda within a year lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did have a few fn2's on his forecourt and a evo8 but I've always liked the sti hatchback. I do miss my ep3 was still a fantastic car. The plus side is the lad that bought my ep3 lives 30secs round the corner lol.

Id worry more about the pistons lol they have weak ringlans and they run lean on the oem map. Lucky this one is remapped

It's actually the pistons being a different shape to the cylinder that is the main problem and the rings that have to take up the slack. All round poor show in Subaru for not even acknowledging their fck up. Remapped cars go pop as often as standard cars.

Proper fix is forged pistons, may as well do rods while you are there, then may as well map while it's done.

Cam belt is 65k or 6 years IIRC, so absolutely worth checking.

My old one for posterity.

IMAG1117.jpg

Both of the cars I never should have sold...

IMAG1004.jpg

I was tempted by there evo8 260. But all the story's about service costs, mpg ect scares me the chap at bhp said if I like the sti I'd hate the evo. Plus I think this model impreza looks a lot more grow up almost abit like the fn2.

Wasn't it only a few models of these that suffered with chocolate pistons? or was it pretty much all of them? I was looking at these a while ago just love the shape of them

No the 2.5 engine is well known in the US and here for failures.

The STi still has very high running costs; fuel milage servicing on a par with the Evo and £450 or £500 road tax

yeah the running costs and tax are what put me off in the end but a shame that there has been so many failures

the chap at bhp said if I like the sti I'd hate the evo. Plus I think this model impreza looks a lot more grow up almost abit like the fn2.

What an utterly bizarre thing to say. He probably had more mark up on the Subaru. Besides, if you want to buy an Evo, don't buy a 260.

Also you're worried about higher running and servicing costs of an Evo (which are negligible on these sorts of cars) yet you buy something that is renowned for having chocolate pistons? Seems quite odd to me.

If it's a UK 2.5, get the engine work done. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. You realistically need to factor in another 2k-3k on the price of buying.

I feel very bad for the OP now. The car itself looks nice but we have all been posting rather negative stuff.

Im sure he did research into the running costs and the well known engine issues

Back