• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xdcx JDM EP3

I have had an AEM CAI on with hydro shield for a couple of months now and it's a really good intake. My car is only a weekend toy and never see's rain really, so no paranoia on that front. It gives a nice grunt down low and in VTEC sounds very good. Definitely feels sharper! But I still prefered the Gruppe M from my last EP3, changeover was just more aggresive and it felt better. Noise wise not really any different and I'm not too concerned about that. Worth the try though and it will be staying, good to add another intake to the list of one's I have tried out haha.

My friend Scott is a legend. With his help 2 weeks ago we fitted a powerflex gearbox mount insert -

DSCF0384.jpg

It has helped make gear changes, espcially lower down the box alot more sharp and precise. Defintely worth the little cash it costs to buy the insert itself. Be better if it fitted properly without butchering it a little bit though!

We also fitted my Mugen Tiwnloop cat back. It's mint and the quality is ridiculous. Such a nice exhaust and is a good deal nicer than the Spoon I had on my last EP3. Here are some videos Nicky and me done today. Videos 1 and 2 are Nicky driving because I wanted to hear the exhaust from outside, but I had to take the car off her because she wouldn't even put the foot down and then had an epic fail in the 2nd video with that gear change haha. 720p ftw, from our little point and shoot thing -

[video=youtube;B9IuBx5eA0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9IuBx5eA0U[/video]

[video=youtube;2JCBpv_4EHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JCBpv_4EHo[/video]

[video=youtube;OTQjKhkYxIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQjKhkYxIw[/video]

[video=youtube;0dooAXTY8Go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dooAXTY8Go[/video]

The exhaust hangs really close to the rear ARB and the LCA, so it's touching when cold a little. If I wasn't OCD, I could live with it, but I will sort it by fitting these hangers, which arrived today -

DSCF0381.jpg

And then lastly for now. I got 2 new tyres. Until today, I had BF Goodrich tyres up front and my trusty RE040's on the rear (which have genuinely covered at least 30k miles, no joke). The RE040 had worn really weird on the inside and gave really bad road noise, sounded like the bearings were away. So I decided to get another 2 BF Goodrich tyres to replace them as my fronts were on 5.5mm, thought it perfect time to swap them to the back and put fresh on the front.

A little about the tyre first - BF Goodrich G Force Profiler 205/45/17 - V tread, stiff sidewalls, with low road noise and so far are wearing very well. I have heard they are made by Michellin over here in Europe, and have never heard of anyone using them really, so will say they are an understimated and awesome tyre for the money.

My first set cost £80 a tyre but they have went up to £100 a tyre now, although not easy to find from tyre dealers...... I guess Michellin caught on when people were saving £40 per tyre on similar compounds ;) But they really are a good tyre, better than the soft sidewall'd T1R jobbies and the Khumo KU31's I have had. Far superior to the Pirelli P Zero (one of the worst tyres I have ever tried) and are as good as the RE040. They feel VERY like the RE040 to me, which suited me really well.

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0380.jpg

That's it for now, I have some Energy engine mount inserts sitting to be fitted, the exhaust hangers and some RBF600 fluid to go with my new discs and pads, but I don't know what these will be yet, that's the next decision dilema.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments dudes :D

I got the engine mount inserts and the Powerflex gearbox mount insert from Stevie at Eight Speed. He works out cheapest as he'll do you free delivery if you're a forum member on here and CTRO etc :)

I wouldn't use Funky Power. I got my first set of inserts from them a year ago for the last car and they were the correct ones. But a few people have been getting sent the wrong one's recently. On top of other problems the Scottish boys have all been having with FP, I wouldn't bother. If you want ANYTHING at all, honestly, Stevie is your first shout :)

Stu, aren't you going for those other mounts you pictured in your thread? What was pricing on those?

That is one tidy JDM EP3 you got there man.

There isnt much import ones kicking about and i dont think ive seen one up close yet.
What else you got planned for it next?

That is one tidy JDM EP3 you got there man.

There isnt much import ones kicking about and i dont think ive seen one up close yet.
What else you got planned for it next?

Thanks man. I reckon there is less than 5 of these in Scotland, but I could be wrong.

Next is discs and pads, I need to decide on what I am going to go for :)

Cheers dude i phoned up Eight Speed today and ordered the ESMM's and a pair of PIAA silicone wipers...unfortunately i forgot to say i was a member on here so never got free delivery :(

Project MU HC+ :)

James, you need to give me prices on Project Mu pads. I PM'd you months ago looking for a DS2500 equivelant or better would be good ;) Shoot me with a PM with your recommendation and pricing if you can, would be much appreciated dude :)

Cheers dude i phoned up Eight Speed today and ordered the ESMM's and a pair of PIAA silicone wipers...unfortunately i forgot to say i was a member on here so never got free delivery :(

Ahhh, you silly boy! You should have told Stevie that Dean sent you to him, and that you live up in the arctic circle beside me :lol:

On Saturday we went to Gairloch and then on to Applecross via some truly awesome roads. The road to Applecross is legendary, it's the highest public road in the UK and reaches 2500ft. Pretty cool.

Despite the waves of foreign ballbag students having no clue wtf they are doing and getting in my way, it was good times. Some pictures:

This is a view down from the start of the pass as you start to climb -
Apple7.jpg

Another view when climbing up -
Apple5.jpg

Epic corners -
Apple6.jpg

Apple4.jpg

2500 feet in the air, looking over to the Isle of Skye -
Apple8.jpg

Das auto, 2500 feet up on a mountain -
Apple1.jpg

View from the beer garden at Applecross, I had fish and chips -
Apple3.jpg

Apple2.jpg

Man we are following eachother around here.. You took pictures at the same place i took pics of my Teg at the other month on the way to Aberdeen, and now you visit Applecross which is where i'm planning going in the next few weeks!Never been before but i get a throbber when looking at pics, looks amazing those roads, is it single track then?You should come for another blast when i go, i'll see if my mate can come in his CW EK9! Just need a JDM DC2 to complete the bunch!!

Back