• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xenons again

Another funny one now i'm looking into buying a conversion kit but am a right in thinking you can just buy bulbs that will fit into the already standard bulb holders but they just won't give off as much brightness. Has anybody had any experiance with these bulbs good or bad. Because unless im being really stupid and missing the point (which iam stupid and often miss the point :confused:) then why dont people just go for these bulbs instead of a whole kit???

Thanks chaps and chapettes

As you may or may not know, HID kit's come with ballast modules. these provide a high voltage "shot" to produce a spark within the bulb, this spark has an effect on the xenon gas , which makes it easier for the wiggly amps to pass between the electrodes within the bulb. your normal headlight set up does'nt have ballasts. So i would be suprised if you would get the same effect from a stock system with xnenon bulbs. I'm sure if you google it, you may get a more definitve answer. I bought a H4 bi xenon kit from hids4us.com. great service, and they come with a 2yr warranty. The h4 bi xenon gives you both headlight and full beam, via a slider within the bulb. Its dead easy to fit, *** the instructions were awfully written! but as they say, a picture paints a thousand words.

Back