• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

cheers mate! :) yeh I needed a low mileage example just for peace of mind again full Honda history. Are the jdm style the ones that go over the plastic door trims?

Yes they do. But they look the part. The Climairs are nice too. :D I have a pic of mine on my car build thread.

Few more pics of the car taken with the Go Pro at Brough haven and some light editing. Front bumper has been resprayed looks awesome really happy with it :)

image1 (1).JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

Not much new to add :smt085 i'm saving up for more parts at the moment now i'm thinking of getting the following done in march I was looking at Big Brake Kits but i don't track the car and if i did it would be no more than once a year, so I cant really justify £1500 on something that's a bit overkill as much as I like the look of some red 4 pots through the wheels!

Calipers refurbished new pistons seals painted red £250 (friend of a friend in the caliper industry)
New front discs - RPB grooved discs £152.80 tegiwa imports
New Front pads - Ferrodo DS2500 £100.94 tegiwa imports
New rear pads - OEM Honda/equivelant Bosch £17 euro car parts
Braided Lines - HEL £79.80 tegiwa imports
Brake fluid change - Motul RBF 600 DOT 4 £26 tegiwa imports 1ltr

Hoping all this will improve the poor performance and squeaks my brakes are constantly making at the minute

Yeah no point if you won't do more than one or two track days per year!

The parts you've listed should help you plenty though! Plus you can paint the standard calipers red for the extra 25bhp!

Yeah no point if you won't do more than one or two track days per year!

The parts you've listed should help you plenty though! Plus you can paint the standard calipers red for the extra 25bhp!
Thats what I figured! haha already gained the extra 25hp :lol: i figured while the calipers are off might aswell freshen everything up at once

I've read a lot about brake discs and pads online.
Not sure if this was exactly the one I found most interesting but it shares the same views: http://automotivethinker.com/brakes-2/rotors-blank-vs-cross-drilled-vs-slotted-and-warping/

In a nutshell:
Drilled (and before any body has a go at me here) CAN crack if they are not cast with the holes in them. They are mostly for the 'high performance' look but can be used for (usually older) pad compounds that release gas which needs somewhere to escape.
Slotted are better because they will 'shave' the pad keeping the surface fresh. Downside is more dust and you'll get through pads quicker. Most likely will be noisier on the road too.
Blank (In my opinion) are the way to go unless you have a dedicated track car. Even then, in some cases blanks might actually be a better option.

I went through this whole thing before I changed the discs on my FN2 and in the end saved a fair bit by going for bog standard OEM Honda discs all round. Just something to think about :smt023

Yeah I've seen badly cracked drilled discs, my track car had them fitted when we picked it up! Chucked those straight in the bin!

I like the slotted/grooved discs for looks and they can help pad surfaces.

Road car just has OE blank discs. Do need to change the pads soon as the DS2500's squealing is doing my nut in, despite them being greased (have removed to clean and grease a couple of times) and still having meat left.

My main reason for buying grooved discs is because i have EBC grooved discs on the back which are less than a year old still look brand new so i wanted grooved just to match! I have EBC ones on the front too bought off a mate second hand for £50 but they have probably seen better days and I may aswell replace while everythings off! i drive my GF's car now and again on a weekend which is a cooper SD and the standard brakes on that embarrass mine all over i know people say ep brakes arent great but mine are awful they have no bite atall from cold either brakes only start working what i would consider average half way through my drive

My main reason for buying grooved discs is because i have EBC grooved discs on the back which are less than a year old still look brand new so i wanted grooved just to match! I have EBC ones on the front too bought off a mate second hand for £50 but they have probably seen better days and I may aswell replace while everythings off! i drive my GF's car now and again on a weekend which is a cooper SD and the standard brakes on that embarrass mine all over i know people say ep brakes arent great but mine are awful they have no bite atall from cold either brakes only start working what i would consider average half way through my drive

Ah makes sense if you've already got them up front.

Hopefully some exciting things coming next month ill try and restrain myself for now and update nearer the time once everything's confirmed! :lol:

*Update*(coming up in March)

Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold
Energy suspension engine mounts
M2 inlet Manifold
M2 unsilenced centre pipe
K100 fitted and tuned at TDI
Valve Clearences
Oil/Filter change
Stoptech touring kit
HEL Braided Lines
New rear pads
Motul fluid
Carbon Type r door sills

Excited doesn't cover it pics to come next month ;)

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the pics in March. Was looking at an M2 inlet manifold myself, so interested to see how you rate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the pics in March. Was looking at an M2 inlet manifold myself, so interested to see how you rate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard good things from the people fitting them it's basically a copy of the skunk 2 ones for half the price so will see how it fares on the dyno

Excellent! I want a Japspeed manifold too but I'm having to behave at the minute! Necessary evils all come at the same time (MOT, Tax & Insurance).

Excellent! I want a Japspeed manifold too but I'm having to behave at the minute! Necessary evils all come at the same time (MOT, Tax & Insurance).
Yes supposed to be good for the money and I cant really justify twice the price for the likes of Tegiwa and Dc sports manifolds when i have other parts I want still! yeh i dont pay mine in full anymore then it works out like nothing a month

Back