• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

Yeah that's a bad thought to have thinking what you could buy for the money spent on a Civic lol!

Yeah I am happy with mine also mate. Couldn't get them to stick that well due to the cold weather up here at the weekend. But sorted now with the dry and warmer weather.

Yeh mine weren't too bad but the sides haven't stuck so well still! but well happy with them im debating carbon handles and center console to suit now :lol:

Looks great Sythan, the mats look good quality too where are they from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today's the day bright an early trip to Grinspeed for the day parts getting fitted then staying over in Warrington for k100 mapping in morning! :D

That must be your upgrades that I have just been admiring on Grinspeed's Instagram? :)

That must be your upgrades that I have just been admiring on Grinspeed's Instagram? :)
It was indeed! it's sounding great and brakes still need a good bed in but everything feels like it's going to run well after the map in morning :) I am going to need rear arches rolling they scrubbed the whole journey from Grinspeed to Warrington with me and all my stuff and 20 stone mate in te passenger seat haha it's ok on my own but it still catches on speed bumps and bad roads

quick update will upload more pics when I get chance got
mapped at TDI north today and the car feels insane ran 247.8bhp really transformed the car vtec is smooth instead of a kick and seems to come in around 4.5k rpm and goes to around 9k rpm weathers really bad so haven't had chance to test it out a great deal but it's seriously quick now compared to stock map!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    907.7 KB · Views: 46
Weather even worse today mate!
Good figures there - glad you're happy, you are making me really want to do more.
Looking forward to seeing it

Sunny up here in West of Scotland... :p

Nice going on the re-map. Did you go K100 or KPro4. I should really go and look back at the build threat. lol Good info on your thoughts after the map and what I can expect when mine is done. But mine will come in lower due to sticking with the standard intake. Sounds like you had a good road trip anyway. :D How are you finding the FRSU?

Oh Jim there is a twinloop in stock in Scotland with your name on it. lol

Trying to talk my mate into ditiching his corsa 1.4 and going for the a 2000 Honda Accord Type-R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice results mate i have the same setup apart from cat back, going fot k100 at tdi next month hopefully can make similar figures

I should really stop reading people's threads. I didn't want to go mad but now I feel like I should get all the bits and have it mapped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to work today so on the computer and time to update properly!

So had the car all week not done that many miles but love it so far feels completely different the torque feels improved through the rev range, I dont feel like i need to put my foot down so much in casual driving to get up to speed which is nice.
The car sounds different with vtec engaging around 4.5k rpm and red lines around 9k rpm which sounds nuts especially with the 4-2-1 manifold! :lol: the EML flashes when your close to redline as a shift light which is pretty cool! Ive had a little play with the launch control and all i can say is WOW!! its a bit silly dont try it in the wet....haha but on a hot day should get a fast start, I will be testing it at York raceway on the 27th of this month :D
Some pics from last week getting parts fitted at Grinspeed and tuning at TDI North

ramp.jpgimage4.JPGimage5.JPGimage3.JPGimage2.JPGimage1.JPGimage3.JPGimage1.JPGimage2.JPGdyno.jpgimage1.JPGimage3.JPG

I had fitted:
Stoptech touring BBK kit
HEL lines all round with Motul fluid
rear Brembo pads
ASR subframe brace
D2 LCA's (didn't have any others in stock and thought the purple looked pretty cool!)
Japspeed 4-2-1 decat manifold
M2 Inlet manifold with thermal gasket
2 rear drop links 1 had snapped and the ARB was just hanging there haha oops!
Valve clearnces were done engine was at 50,000 and 3 were out so good job it was checked!
Oil and filter change then had the K100 and mapping done the next day at TDI only took around 2 hours in the morning

Also I had to remove the rear spacers as they were catching on my rear arches on every bump annoying as they were the extended wheel stud type so bit of a pain to change back round! But all sorted now and no more scraping :p also my primary 02 sensor went on the dyno at TDI too so I replaced that on Saturday as well. Next on my list is a Mugen spoiler :cool:

Forgot to mention how good the brakes feel now! Pretty amazing in comparison to stock brakes stopping power from cold start is a strong bite and when moving its a progressive pedal feel but when pressed hard it STOPS and fast! my mate was getting a headache with the blood rushing to the front of his head when i was bedding them in on the way to TDi haha :lol:
the whole brake setup is fantastic the braided lines Motul fluid and 4 piston calipers. Some good points to note if anyone considers the touring kit by Stoptech, they dont clear oem wheels and i went with a 15mm spacer which is plenty of room but i wouldn't want to go much smaller to be safe also installing new pads couldn't be easier it has like a small hatch with metal clips which you can just undo yourself and pads slide in easy as that, probably talking 10 minutes a wheel jack car up wheel off and full lock each way

Back