• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Yokohama AD08s on an EP3

Hi Guys

coming up to purchase time for my much saved for EP3 in the next month.
assuming that whatever EP3 i purchase will come complete with midrange to high end tyres my plan is as follows:

keep the tyres that are on the car as a winter/poor weather tyre.
for the drier months, looking at going all out on a more hardcore tyre.
I am looking at Yokohama AD08s. I had Parada Spec II on my Fiesta ST and they transformed the car, loads of grip and feedback.
A friend of mine had AD08s on his EVOX and said that it was the reason that he kept the car as long as he did after finding the car unenjoyable on the Vredstein Ultrac Sessenta that came on the car when he got it.

with this in mind, I would probably like to try them out but at £600, they are not cheap.

does anyone here run Yokohama AD08s on their EP3?

what are your thoughts on them? remember, I will not be using them in the cold.

any feedback would be appreciated :)

Rich

see, I have heard opposite.
admittedly coming from an EVOX owner who will have the advantage of 4wd but it cant be that far off.

people said that Parada Spec II were terrible in the wet, but I felt that the wet performance was superb in them

have you had ad08s on your ep3 JDM_Dave?

Ad08s are spot on in the wet, in the dry they are fantastic and the wear rate seems very good too compared to the competition

These are some of the best for dry driving i have found and arent even that bad during the wet, just dont expect wonders though. :)

A couple of bods on here rate these pretty highly in the wet too.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They arent bad at all, just not the best wet tyres i have had. But tbh, you'll never get a perfect mix between wet and dry. And i'd prefer it to be awesome in the dry :)

looks like you guys just added £600 to my expenses this year :D

I think just running them from say mid April to October should mean that they don't wear too quickly.

may look at another set of OEM alloys to save having them changed over.

Yeh i agree with the prada spec ii in the wet they aint that bad... I think as long as your running 17"'s you will b fine i run spec 2's on my jdm ep3 and a friend had spec 2's on his dc2 and in the wet he was all over the place. I still had good grip in the wet!!

I didn't think the Parada's were that bad in the wet TBH. But then I weren't WOT'ing in the wet either. rjkoneill - £600? You should be able to purchase a set of AD08's from Camskill for nearer £500.00 - perhaps £510 delivered.

I found ad08's slippy compaired to the spec 2's in the wet!! But we all run different set ups and sized tyres maybe i just had a bad tyre size choice or coilovers where set 2 hard!! Just couldnt get on with them in the wet but over all worth the money dude

Suspension choice plays a part.

And also, heat in the tyres.

They are bound to be sh1te when cold in the wet.

I have them, they are excellent in the dry, superb in fact - however as has been said they are not the best in the wet but (broken record time) who wants to drive like a hero in the wet? To be fair they have not thrown me off the road and I have driven with them in heavy rain and standing water. Make of that what you will!

I didn't think the Parada's were that bad in the wet TBH. But then I weren't WOT'ing in the wet either. rjkoneill - £600? You should be able to purchase a set of AD08's from Camskill for nearer £500.00 - perhaps £510 delivered.

looked on camskill. maybe I have the tyre size wrong.
I am looking at 205/45/17, is this wrong? [was only a quick google tbh]

I found ad08's slippy compaired to the spec 2's in the wet!! But we all run different set ups and sized tyres maybe i just had a bad tyre size choice or coilovers where set 2 hard!! Just couldnt get on with them in the wet but over all worth the money dude

the spec 2s I had were a big gamble for me, the fiesta ST forums i used to frequent had reports of their exceptional performance in dry/heat but everyone moaned about them.
I fitted them as I got a good price on the tyres and never looked back. best tyres I ran on the car in honesty. I know the fiesta ST isn't renowned for its incredible handling but the overall capability was increased loads with them. I can only imagine the AD08 being an even more hardcore version.

Suspension choice plays a part.

And also, heat in the tyres.

They are bound to be sh1te when cold in the wet.

the spec 2s i had were very responsive when warmed up. even in the wet there was never any understeer and large puddles were never an issue.

I dont drive mental in the wet either.

I have them, they are excellent in the dry, superb in fact - however as has been said they are not the best in the wet but (broken record time) who wants to drive like a hero in the wet? To be fair they have not thrown me off the road and I have driven with them in heavy rain and standing water. Make of that what you will!

is that on a DC5?

ah ok, what did you run on the car before that? and what differences did you notice?

just looking for comparisons between other tyres, especially a more road orientated tyre

I also notice you previously owned an EP3, what tyres did you run on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which EP? I had 6 of them :lol: - I had Potenza's on before, the reason for the AD08s is that they were on the Rays wheels I bought for the car, although now I would probably keep on buying them, although I may get a set of 'winter' tyres on a set of OEM rims in the shape of Good year Eagle Asymetric 2's!

ha, wasnt aware you were a serial EP3 owner :D

Its good to hear that existing owners run them

Goodyear EA2s as winter tyre is a good shout, not looked at them before. they look like a good option as a winter tyre. certainly affordable anyway.

Am I missing something here? Asymmetric 2s are a summer tyre.

If you are serious about getting a "winter" tyre, just get winter tyres.

Back