• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

You know the heatsoak thing

I've read up on pretty much every open cone induction kit suffering from heatsoak in standing traffic etc. now I only do about ten miles a day and its a rarity I'm stuck in traffic. Are they still crap if allways on the go etc and if I do get stuck in traffic is it a case of a quick blast and all is good?

I wouldn't have one. The air filter sits right next to the exhaust manifold.

Well, depends what you want. If it's just noise then you could argue they aren't, but I'd say they're no better than stock for power, maybe even worse.

Ish yeah. Although it has got a shower cap lol. Tbh more thinking about when on track, normal driving isn't an issue as I drive like miss daisy

I'd keep the AEM then if you've taken precautions against massive puddles. :lol:

Will it solve the issue though? I understand if I go scuba diving then I will have issues. Track could be an issue?

There's a massive thread on this subject that's very recent, have a look through.

I ran a K&N typhoon on numerous trackdays without issue mate :)

Was neck and neck all day with my mates civic running an aem cai

Does it really matter for daily use?

Yes you will lose a few BHP when sat in traffic, but why do you care?

That's not what I was getting at mate, I was more concerned with bogging down etc. the way people describe it it's as though the car doesn't want to move lol

I'm not chasing power mate, just a concern that's all. What would you say the best one to try is? Currently got an aem Cai and fancy a change :)

Back