• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Youngest Civic Type R FN2 driver?

Only just seen this! I'm 22 and my insurance was £950 this year (Standard Car)
Rises to £1,700 next year, gained 6 points this year FML :(

My girlfriend and I have just bought a fn2 type r gt she is 19
And on a provisonal licence, she is the main policy holder and I'm
A named driver yet insurance is only £1900 fully comp

I bought mine 4 years ago at 18. Loved every moment in it! Sadly i've sold it now for a new toy.. but definatly missing the Vtec! :evil:

Just bought an 08 type r. 23 years old 5 years no claims and a named driver aged 22.
800 squids fuly comp with 500 voluntary excess.

You of course refer to the insurance companies for giving relatively cheap quotes? :lol:

Oh of course, not the ones fronting insurance or otherwise seeking to artificially lower premiums, because you know that mums the registered keeper/main driver of the car, I only use it at the weekend, yeah it's parked on my drive 240miles from her address but that's just at weekends. Honest...

I have an 03 plate Ep3 at 18 :) Insurance is £60pm through works fleet insurance :D I'm so lucky :D Not an FN2 but its an upgrade im looking to make in a year or two :D

Oh of course, not the ones fronting insurance or otherwise seeking to artificially lower premiums, because you know that mums the registered keeper/main driver of the car, I only use it at the weekend, yeah it's parked on my drive 240miles from her address but that's just at weekends. Honest...

Not an fn so expecting the usual "irrelevant comment" posts but my ep3 is insured in my name, with me as main driver and at my address. Premium is 580 quid. I am 23 though. Not everyone who finds a cheap quote is fronting.

Just bought an FN2, im only 19 but with the help and sticking my mum and dad on it brought it down to a lovely £1128, fully comp. Massive drop compared to my £3000 last year on a 207 GTI THP175. So well chuffed and cant wait to make her better (the car that it is :))

My Vette insurance was a huge surprise and in a small way led to me getting one. 23 years old (me not the car...), 3 years NCB, £660.

Also it's weird not being the youngest guy on the forums now...

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-4_zps5c875068.gif

When i first got my fn2 I was mid policy on my TT which was £580 and they upped the premium to £820, Im 22 and now pay £580 fully comp with a crash nearly 3 years ago, now have 2 yrs ncb.

I bought my ep3 when I was twenty, and I spent £1950 on insurance for the year. Wasent to bad as I didn't have much else to pay out at the time.
im now 26 and pay £460 fully comp on my fn2, which is a lot better,

I've just turned 20 and have got an FN2 Type R, my insurance is £1490 a year with 2 NCB and 3 years driving!

Soooo worth it!

Back