• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

21 ep3 £750 no mods;). pretty fair deal imo. anyone who pays in the excess insurance wise for a car they want has my respect, its your money do what the hockey puck you want with it. living at home must have its benefits then.

Care to elaborate?

I already had insurance on my old car which i'd paid up front in february which cost £431 (it was a 2.2 ctdi civic). When I phoned up to get a quote before I bought the car I was told it would only cost £29 to change the insurance over to the teg!

I asked the guy 3 or 4 times if he was sure as i thought this was too cheap! He assured me it was correct so off I went and bought the car. Phoned up the day before I picked it up to buy the insurance to be told I had been miss-quoted and the correct price should be £421. I had a wee heated discussion and there was a bit of confusion. They listened to the first phone call again and got back to me saying they will honour the quote of £29.

Whilst on the phone I got a full year quote of £750 which I thought wasn't too bad considering my age.

Im 24 (although was 23 when price given) , 5 years NCD Protected, Legal cover, Mods declared and am paying £660 per year :D

my son has just bought a dc5 and he is 22 next month and the insurance is £1200 fully comp with 5years ncb no points etc.he got that through adrimal

I just ran a quote and I'd be about £1100 fully comprehensive at 22 with 1NCB and 6 points. Reasonable quote compared to some of the moon figures some have posted,.

I've got a mental limit of £1000 for insurance so it is an EP3 for me. It's about £750 :)

I just ran a quote and I'd be about £1100 fully comprehensive at 22 with 1NCB and 6 points. Reasonable quote compared to some of the moon figures some have posted,.

I've got a mental limit of £1000 for insurance so it is an EP3 for me. It's about £750 :)

What insurance company is that?

I personally think your chances of getting insured are slim to none. Getting insured on a car with a K20a engine in it is hard enough at your age, but adding the fact that the DC5 is a Jap import... No chance.

Why not try looking at an EP3 and upgrading to a DC5 when you have a few more years NCB under your belt. It appears to be the natural progression.

Sorry Bud. :(

Hi i am 21 years old and drive a honda integra type r dc5, i am insure w admiral fully comp, i have 6 points on my license and 4 years no claims at a cost of £3700 for 10 mths,
although i must add that after owning and driving the dc5 that i fully understand why it costs so much to insure, already had 1 bad experience . . . damn the cars rapid!

Hi i am 21 years old and drive a honda integra type r dc5, i am insure w admiral fully comp, i have 6 points on my license and 4 years no claims at a cost of £3700 for 10 mths,
although i must add that after owning and driving the dc5 that i fully understand why it costs so much to insure, already had 1 bad experience . . . damn the cars rapid!

Feel free to throw some of that money you have to burn my way! £3700 for 10 months insurance!!! Were they laughing down the phone at you when they took your card details?

Seriously, that's a lot of cash to be spending on insurance. Especially when you can get insured on an EP3 for a lot cheaper.

Fail with a High chance of more fail to come.

You're an idiot if you spend that kind of money on 10 months insurance, sorry, but you really are

I've just renewed my insurance on my DC5. 25, 5 years NCB, good postcode and a clean licence. All mods declared and insured like for like.

Came in at £631 protected NCB :cool:. Was rather happy with that.

There are benefits to getting older.

Jermal, what insurance are you with
icon5.gif

Jermal, what insurance are you with
icon5.gif

Insurance company is Chaucer IIRC, but went through Sky insurance who are a registered trader on here. Great broker who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to imports.

Feel free to throw some of that money you have to burn my way! £3700 for 10 months insurance!!! Were they laughing down the phone at you when they took your card details?

Seriously, that's a lot of cash to be spending on insurance. Especially when you can get insured on an EP3 for a lot cheaper.

Yes i understand that it is a lot of money but i work hard and the dc5 was my dream car, i am sure that owning a dc5 yourself you know the enjoyment it brings.
Should come down a bit next year as i will have a years no claims bonus for the car.

Back