• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

Im 19 (just about lol) and no insurance company will touch me on anything more powerful than my civic ep2 sport. I thought waiting until i was 21 would solve this problem, maybe not after reading this if i want to be able to afford the insurance :p

I agree paying alot of money is mad.. but if you work hard and that's what you want who cares... do it!
Not a DC5 but at 19 i insured my EK9 fully comp 10 months, and a payment in full was £2210 but monthly works out at £300 a month Which in effect £3000!
But if you love cars that much and you wanna drive these at a young age.. you have to be prepared to pay the premiums.. and there are lots of willing to do so youngsters too!

Its nuts that you kids spend so much on insurance. Most I've paid is somewhere around £600 for my first car.

My EP3 is costing around £390 for the year FC, 10 years NCB. Turning 30 does have a perk I guess...

what insurance company is that with?

sorry for takeing so long to reply havent been on for while. i am cureently with elephant, i have 4 years driveing a 3 years no claims with parent on the policy although i am named driver

sorry for takeing so long to reply havent been on for while. i am cureently with elephant, i have 4 years driveing a 3 years no claims with parent on the policy although i am named driver

So you're fronting, that explains that one.

hmm ill check them out, ive got 3 years driving, 3 years NCB. will have 4 of both this year aswel, so will check them out then

What is fronting may i ask?

The car is insured in your parents name with you added giving you a cheaper policy than you having the policy in your name, but you're the main driver not your parent. This is referred to as 'fronting' and insurers are aware of it going on. In the event of a claim they will look at the possibility, the DC5 is a niche car (unlike a Ford Fiesta Edge 1.4), and insurers will take any opportunity to not pay out or recover the costs after they have paid out. Just be aware what you might be in for!

well then in that case im not fronting as im the named driver and its in my name which i pay for. my mother is on the policy as i work away and she likes to have a little go altho it probaly does help bring insurance down abit, but in the event of claim i have my doubts that will happern. but thanks for enlighterning me :)

Guys, I have just bought a DC5 (pics coming soon) and I am with Elephant. paying just shy of £1200. Car has 1 modification (exhaust) which upped it £200.
I am 24 have no, no claims, as for the past 4.5 years I have a company car and still do. Car is garaged.
Called adrian flux, they said it would be easily double that figure.
You can go on elephant.co.uk, and do an online quote for a DC5 without calling them as their website is set up to do it.

I hope this helps. Im new to the type r seen, and it's taken me 15 months to decide to buy a DC5

Mate try admiral i have just turned 23 but was 22 when i first insured my dc5 i had only 1 years no claims bonus and i got it for £990 with my exhaust system and induction kit declared! seems i got a bargain from what people are saying

^FFS it does my head in hearing how much people pay for insurance in their early 20s... because I pay more and I usually have more no claims bonus and a clean licence - why do I get screwed for living in southport... bloody scousers lol

Back