• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Your opinion on this EP3

Hi guys, new here. Wanting to pick up a Type R EP3 and just need an opinion of people who live and breath the cars.
After extensive research im hooked on them.
Basically i just want to know whether the price/mileage combinaiton for this car is good. It's around 110k/120k miles, 2004 EP3. To me, with other cars thats a hell of a lot of mileage but after research, thats usually fine with Honda engines. What would be a suitable price for one of these? Because theres no others with lower mileage in my price range in my area.

Thanks in advance!

Probably around £2500 at a guess. That's not a bad mileage, condition is far more important.

And definitely consider travelling for the right car. In the grand scheme of things, a couple of hours drive is no big deal.

I'd say roughly 2500 too. I recently paid 2800 for one with 100,000 on the clock with decent history and mechanically pretty sound but bit tatty in places outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, guys! Ok, that sounds pretty good. I barely break 7k miles a year if that so i probably wont contribute to the mileage that much if i came to sell it again (Hopefully i wont). Anything in particular i should look out for on an EP3 when buying? Or is there a list on here you could link me? Or whether its a good idea to get it checked out by a garage?

Gears crunching and clutch slipping especially

Just a general check over like you'd give any car

And get some decent branded tyres for it, they are wasted potential on budgets

Rust in the wheel arches, water in the spare wheel well. I'm sure there's a page about this somewhere?

Ok ill look out for all those. I'm fixated on getting an EP3 now. But how come they've held their value so much? For a car with so much mileage they're quite pricey. Is this becuase of the following they have or because theyre just that good? Whats usually the first to go on them and at what mileage dot hey conk out on?

Thats true. After looking at them more and more and finding out quirks about them i need one haha. If anyone knows anyone whos selling an EP3 at a reasonable rpice, let me know!

Everything is turbocharged now, a high revving driver orientated car is getting rarer.

Shame. I've got a VXR as well for my turbo fix but the EP3 I've got is easily more fun with over 100 less BHP and nearly 200 less lbs of torque!

Shame. I've got a VXR as well for my turbo fix but the EP3 I've got is easily more fun with over 100 less BHP and nearly 200 less lbs of torque!

Exactly. It's not all about the numbers, it's the involvement and noise for me. Plus a bit of exclusivity these days, constant stream of German cars on the commute. Zzz.

Mine is on 152k but you would think it was half that, only thing that gives it away is the stonechips on the front, i bought it on condition rather than mileage as the previous owner was fastidious with it and had modified it in a similar way i would have.

Mine is on 152k but you would think it was half that, only thing that gives it away is the stonechips on the front, i bought it on condition rather than mileage as the previous owner was fastidious with it and had modified it in a similar way i would have.
Have you had any major issues with it? seeing as it's 150k+ mileage? I love these cars to death but if i buy one with similar mileage last thing i want it for it to conk out

Have you had any major issues with it? seeing as it's 150k+ mileage? I love these cars to death but if i buy one with similar mileage last thing i want it for it to conk out

Absolutely none, i'm always surprised when i forget to check the oil level for a while and go to find it's hardly used any, the engine is a peach. In the time i've had it i've paid for new tyres, Eibach springs and FRSU , replacement discs and pads,exhaust gasket and a wheel bearing. I can't see anything else needing done to it for a while, i've been tempted to sell recently but i honestly can't think what i would replace it with for the money.

Damn you'd of thought a car like that would guzzle the oil but glad to hear they stand a battering. I'm looking at cars with less mileage than that and still a bit skeptical but im glad youve said that. Heres to another 50k!

It is well known that if you look after the K20A engine and feed it decent oil at least every 5-6k miles it will just keep running. Its the rest of the car that you need to keep an eye on with rust and degrading bolt heads.

Back