• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your thoughts

If you have a roa legal track car, why go for a boosted EP3?

Just curious as you will invariably always be comparing the two, and dare I say it, be somewhat underwhelmed by the EP3.

That said, seems about right price wise, base car would be £2-3k mods add up to an additional £2-3k.

It has a few faults though nothing that can't be sorted, they'll add up to put right.

Small chip in windscreen

Driver’s wing faded

Alloys are kurbed

Front H badge is cracked

Bonnet release is broken

Also the car has been mapped by TTS. I've seen very hit and miss maps from them.

Seller states he "raised" the VTEC point to get better economy. Sounds a bit iffy. JRSC kits have a boost by-pass valve, so when you aren't on it, it's not charging the intake. K20s are also IVTEC, so VTEC comes in within a window the tuner sets dependant on throttle position and MAP readings. So for example you should be able to cruise at 80 without it being in VTEC.

Also messing with the VTEC point means the car isn't optimally mapped. If he's done it himself, then I doubt the fueling and cam angles have been changed to suit.

It also has a paddle clutch which I didn't get on with from experience.

Buy, and strip the bits if you want to and use the money to sort out the other issues with the car.

your spelling !!!!!!

That's pretty rich coming from you.........

Anyhow, it sounds as though it has some good parts on it, and possibly well built.
The author seems to know what he's talking about in certain areas, but then not in others.

As per Loxys Vtec raising issue, sounds plausible but he probably doesn't know how I-Vtec works.

Also, the comment about K24 bottom pulley and 3.4" charger pulley making the charger spin slower to produce the same amount of boost is absolute horse.
The faster a Roots charger spins, the more boost it produces. Ergo, slowing it down, it will produce less boost!

It has a few faults though nothing that can't be sorted, they'll add up to put right.

Also the car has been mapped by TTS. I've seen very hit and miss maps from them.

Seller states he "raised" the VTEC point to get better economy. Sounds a bit iffy. JRSC kits have a boost by-pass valve, so when you aren't on it, it's not charging the intake. K20s are also IVTEC, so VTEC comes in within a window the tuner sets dependant on throttle position and MAP readings. So for example you should be able to cruise at 80 without it being in VTEC.

Also messing with the VTEC point means the car isn't optimally mapped. If he's done it himself, then I doubt the fueling and cam angles have been changed to suit.

It also has a paddle clutch which I didn't get on with from experience.

Buy, and strip the bits if you want to and use the money to sort out the other issues with the car.

Thanks for the feedback Im not really bothered about the charger mainly just want the vtec I thought about stripping it for certain bits. But just wanted some feedback

Cheers

If you have a roa legal track car, why go for a boosted EP3?

Just curious as you will invariably always be comparing the two, and dare I say it, be somewhat underwhelmed by the EP3.

That said, seems about right price wise, base car would be £2-3k mods add up to an additional £2-3k.

Because I hardly use it and store away most of time so want something I can jump to go shops etc getting sick if work van everywhere

That's pretty rich coming from you.........

Anyhow, it sounds as though it has some good parts on it, and possibly well built.
The author seems to know what he's talking about in certain areas, but then not in others.

As per Loxys Vtec raising issue, sounds plausible but he probably doesn't know how I-Vtec works.

Also, the comment about K24 bottom pulley and 3.4" charger pulley making the charger spin slower to produce the same amount of boost is absolute horse.
The faster a Roots charger spins, the more boost it produces. Ergo, slowing it down, it will produce less boost!

Thanks for that will take that on board may just keep looking but will speak to him first

Not a fan of the bonnet, wrapped roof and resprayed alloys, nor the sticker on the cubby flap in front of the gear lever or the horrible contrasting city pack protectors on the front if I'm honest, but if you like it go for it.

That "Mugen" wing only has a badge on one side. I can't tell without seeing it in the flesh, but there are some cheap copies knocking about. You will be able to tell with the paint finish, as it is nearly impossible to get them looking right on the copies and most come out shocking.

It's been lowered, and although that isn't necessarily a bad point, the advert makes no mention of this so it's an unknown.

Not a fan of the bonnet, wrapped roof and resprayed alloys, nor the sticker on the cubby flap in front of the gear lever or the horrible contrasting city pack protectors on the front if I'm honest, but if you like it go for it.

That "Mugen" wing only has a badge on one side. I can't tell without seeing it in the flesh, but there are some cheap copies knocking about. You will be able to tell with the paint finish, as it is nearly impossible to get them looking right on the copies and most come out shocking.

It's been lowered, and although that isn't necessarily a bad point, the advert makes no mention of this so it's an unknown.

Right ok will take that on board they assured me it was a proper one as service book or some book that comes with it says mugen all over it

Looks like the real deal from my minor knowledge, but that spoiler doesn't come as standard on the Mugen 200, so worth checking that. Other than that seems really nice mate.

Right ok will take that on board they assured me it was a proper one as service book or some book that comes with it says mugen all over it

Oh I'm not disputing it's not a M200. They do come with a special wallet with the unique x/200 embossed on them.

As Welshy said, they don't come with that rear spoiler, and there are some fake spoilers around.

They look like this standard

7866322734_85568b1b15_z.jpg

with these colour alloys

7866322870_fe0a59bb40.jpg

Bear in mind, if you don't want the carbon bonnet, you'll struggle to find a white one up for sale second hand unless the original one comes included in the sale.

You could do a lot with £10k if you got the 07 plate to be honest.

I want something that I'm going to leave standard for awhile as have my track built vxr once that goes will consider doing bits just wanted something that looks the part if you know what I mean

I'm so confused, you have a tuned Vxr that is road legal so it's taxed mot'd an insured? Now your going to buy a 16k m200(which looked nice btw) would it not make better sence if your considering selling Vxr at some stage to save the money sell the Vxr an buy 1 allround car to use an fettle with now and again like a 335 BMW or e46 M3, even a 911! That's what I'd do if it was me because immediately you'll notice the torque difference between the heavy Vxr an a n/a k20 an in terms of handling I'd steer more to the ep3 than the fn2!

Back