• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

Anyone tried Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas?

Throughly recommend them. Superb tyre and amazing value, the dry and wet grip is brilliant and I've had several sets now on 2 Astra VXRs running over 340ft/lbs of torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas?

Throughly recommend them. Superb tyre and amazing value, the dry and wet grip is brilliant and I've had several sets now on 2 Astra VXRs running over 340ft/lbs of torque.

That's about the first decent review I've ever read about them. Des had them on his Evo X and said they were terrible. He's since put on Pilot Sport 4's and loves them.

I didn't rate them, too soft and overheated quickly too.

The softness does make them wear quickly but then again thats what makes them really grippy in the dry. I only do short journeys in my car so overheating isnt an issue. Horses for courses and all that :) :smt045

T1R's are one of the most overrated tyres in forum history.

I can understand how you might think that having a track car and all that Chris. For us mere mortals they seem to do just fine :smt064

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand how you might think that having a track car and all that Chris

Actually they were fitted to the one of my previous Type R's which was a road car only. Upon switching to Bridgestone RE050 I immediately noticed an improvement in dry grip, wet grip, (less) tyre noise and improved steering feel.

That's about the first decent review I've ever read about them. Des had them on his Evo X and said they were terrible. He's since put on Pilot Sport 4's and loves them.

See I've heard the opposite on people who've had them.

Apparently they are quite popular with the M3 and TVR crowd too

I can't comment as I've never tried them but two people I know who have tried them didn't rate them at all compared to stuff like the decent Michelin's etc.

T1Rs are dogsh1t. Never tried verdsteins.

I've been using Dunlop SP Sportmaxx RTs on my daily DERV. Great wet grip, quiet and they seem to be lasting me longer than any other tyre I've used. I can get 14k out of a set of fronts no problem. I'm used to replacing front tyres every 4-6k. I minced all 4 tyres in the gtr in around 8k miles.

Wouldn't recommend them for a weekend warrior or track car but for your daily beater, I really like them.

Nexen N8000's have been a favourite of mine for the past few cars I've had.
But now I've bought the Fn2 I may stray from these. The tyres currently are all mixed (3 different brands), so I doubt I'm getting the best ride. But for 19's it's a costly exercise to replace them all when all 4 have plenty of tread left.

Or is now a good excuse to change the wheels for the 18's. Really like the look of the 19's but can't help thinking I'd prefer the ride if I made the switch

So I've checked my tyres and it seems I've made a schoolboy error and got regular and not the XL, that'll be why they feel 'squishy' then... :rolleyes:

I didn't know the PS4 came in anything other than XL. Worth knowing.

Had a quick check on black circles and they only sell the XL version 205/45 R17 Y 88.

I didn't know the PS4 came in anything other than XL. Worth knowing.

Had a quick check on black circles and they only sell the XL version 205/45 R17 Y 88.

I got mine from camskill. Worse still is that the XL version was cheaper as well!

Ok, maybe its covered somewhere but, I am considering a set of Toyo T1Rs Now, They are 225/45/18s. I am considering wrapping these in my new set of work d9rs which are 18x8.5 square set. 225s are a bit small on these I think, and the sidewall is 5 taller. Now I can get these at a amazing price point... that's why I am considering. Thoughts? lol

Back