• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Can't recall any mass production FWD car do sub 5 seconds 0-60 mph or 0-100 kph. Pretty irrelevant anyway unless traffic light burnouts are your thing.

If you gun it from standing you always looks a bit of a c*ck anyway. Best to floor it once you're rolling and have some traction.

If you gun it from standing you always looks a bit of a c*ck anyway. Best to floor it once you're rolling and have some traction.

Agreed, I have been 'done' by a lot less simply as I was bouncing the wheels off the tarmac. I don't do it often don't get me wrong but as has been said this is not a 0-60 machine...

Second service today, and like an anxious dad I am waiting for news...

I told the mush, no washing, please don't replace the panel filter, and please don't take the pi55 on the test drive like last year. He looked at me a bit blankly so I am expecting to go back to a car cleaned with a brillo pad, a new paper filter and no petrol...

My family don't get my complete OCD about the car and other people driving it. I am thinking of disownment.

Second service today, and like an anxious dad I am waiting for news...I told the mush, no washing, please don't replace the panel filter, and please don't take the pi55 on the test drive like last year. He looked at me a bit blankly so I am expecting to go back to a car cleaned with a brillo pad, a new paper filter and no petrol...My family don't get my complete OCD about the car and other people driving it. I am thinking of disownment.

Is a test drive usual/required for servicing? I often stay in reception while the car is being worked on. I get wifi access and fortunately can work remotely, also gives me a chance for a chinwag with the service manager on the usual topics (gearboxes, parking sensor updates, next year's CTR gossip etc.) My car wasn't test driven on the A (1st) service, if it's required for the "B" service then I'd ask if I can jump in with the service guy who looks after my car.

to be honest I think every time they see my car numberplate the whole service team breakout into a cold-sweat, and quite relieved it's just a service and they like to send me on my way.

I think Honda shouldn't allow would-be customers out in the FK8 unassisted, but same, that service guys should offer the owner the opportunity to shotgun on any test-drive.

that way there's no hiding for any arguments over potholes, kerb-wheels, distances travelled and fuel used.

Second service today, and like an anxious dad I am waiting for news...

I told the mush, no washing, please don't replace the panel filter, and please don't take the pi55 on the test drive like last year. He looked at me a bit blankly so I am expecting to go back to a car cleaned with a brillo pad, a new paper filter and no petrol...

My family don't get my complete OCD about the car and other people driving it. I am thinking of disownment.

I leave my dashcams on and then I can see everything they did. With my S2000 I was disappointed with the test drive since the guy didn't really test VTEC engagement, I would assume they would... For the last service on the FK8 they didn't drive it outside the dealer though...

Well I wasn't sure about the test drive, and I don't see the need unless something's been fixed so when I asked him this morning, he said it's 2-3 miles max to make sure everything's ok. They took it for 8 miles on the A service so basically my Honda dealer has jazz's all day so royally took the p1ss when mine came in...

I leave my dashcams on and then I can see everything they did. With my S2000 I was disappointed with the test drive since the guy didn't really test VTEC engagement, I would assume they would... For the last service on the FK8 they didn't drive it outside the dealer though...

lol, so you were disappointed he didn't rag your s2000! I get it but I'd be delighted...

lol, so you were disappointed he didn't rag your s2000! I get it but id be delighted...

I paid for a Honda 12 service, they are supposed to check that everything is in working order (I already knew VTEC was engaging correctly :twisted:, but yeah...). From the video I gathered that he was checking for suspension/steering/engine noises because he had the radio off and was really quiet. I did get a nice video from them mentioning/showing the problems with the anti roll bar drop links and the geometry bolts (already sorted the drop links :D)

I would hate them driving the FK8 though, since there is no need >_>

Pleased to report no test drive today. I am really pleased with the new Brembo Regenerative Discs though. Last year, they had 70% of life left, and this year 80%. I applaud you Brembo...:lol:

Wouldn't fit the pollen filter though as Honda UK put the blocker on it, saying 'it's too early." I was told to come back in July if I have hay fever..!!! Thanks.

Went to jdm castle Combe today. H Christ a lot of ep3's and Fn2's. Handful of fk8s but I finally heard the remus exhaust after some kind chap gave me a demo on his (thanks if you're on here). Defo ordering one now, great sound

Other than that, come on Liverpool!!!!

I’ve got a Remus ready to throw on, however I’m only 2400 odd miles away from my oil change and B Service.
Anyone got an aftermarket exhaust fitted and been in for servicing?
Did your dealer notice or say anything? Did it affect your warranty?

The old dilemma...! You should be ok, the chap I met sat had no problem. Only thing you wouldn't get a warranty through claim on is the exhaust obviously...BUT if something big happened, Honda could try and wiggle out of it...

But life's too short. Put it on quiet and they prob wouldn't notice anyway...

I’ve got a Remus ready to throw on, however I’m only 2400 odd miles away from my oil change and B Service.
Anyone got an aftermarket exhaust fitted and been in for servicing?
Did your dealer notice or say anything? Did it affect your warranty?

ask the dealer if they'll fit it for you as part of the B service. my Honda dealer had done a couple of Remus installs for Customers. hold on-to your old pipe (although it's a pig to store it as it's a single piece front to back and you really don't want to be cutting it) that way you can alway put it back on if you think the exhaust is causing any future issues

ask the dealer if they'll fit it for you as part of the B service. my Honda dealer had done a couple of Remus installs for Customers. hold on-to your old pipe (although it's a pig to store it as it's a single piece front to back and you really don't want to be cutting it) that way you can alway put it back on if you think the exhaust is causing any future issues

I think I want to be friends with your dealer...!!

Back