• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

Hi All,

Thought I'd better start one of these really - had the car over a year :lol:

Picked the FK2 up back in June 2016 - was proper chuffed (if you can't tell from my cheesy grin :D ) it's an ex-demo from Blade Honda in Chippenham, had 277 miles on the clock (some of those were mine from the test drive), GT spec, 5 years free servicing...

di5dnfq.jpg

oeFJssZ.jpg

Not even that bad on fuel (best I got was 47.5mpg):
UjKT9fu.jpg

Within a month or so, I purchased a Pipercross panel filter, just purely for more turbo noise!

4 months in, front tyres were mullered, so went for some Pilot Super Sports:
boeibYc.jpg

kBaGdwo.jpg

Being a new car, I purchased loads of cleaning products and was cleaning it every weekend, here are some generic cleaning pics:
Ync5A1K.jpg

pGSTU6i.jpg

qCHCPVk.jpg

4a8eHqh.jpg

G6Nvt8n.jpg

fyAUnvf.jpg

9WjOHZx.jpg

NtFCFKx.jpg

dttxs04.jpg

I also purchased a 3" Milltek Catback Exhaust (road+) as the standard system was just too quiet!
UjyJYXA.jpg

t3zvFae.jpg

UJ invited me to a car show at Castle Combe, wasn't the best spot, but the car was looking good (despite the rain :lol: ):
0YwljaU.jpg

9kznzEz.jpg

3fwipEo.jpg

Towards the end of 2016, me and the missus finally moved into our first house! Not so much monies left over for car mods :(
a8Ldjsb.jpg

Feb 2017 - Just out of interest, I had the car dyno'd:
AgoaCFj.jpg

Fairly happy with that!

April 2017 - Here's the FK2 at Japfest:
X5GiLzT.jpg

Didn't see many grey ones that day, but on one stand there must have been 3 in the same colour :lol:

5 months after we got our first house, we bought our first puppy! (apologies, not car related)
5VXF26S.jpg

1yf9aaK.jpg

More recent pic:
gZoRVhu.jpg

May 2017 - Hadn't done a track day in the FK2, so thought why don't I start with the biggest/best track in the world!
2Npqm8M.jpg

i0xwPn7.jpg

lhCXTOZ.jpg

k3WWzW8.jpg

8dbuTkq.jpg

ExOwUAl.jpg

9kF8JO8.jpg

yvX2TGY.jpg

meEagak.jpg

Ieelw2i.jpg

X96Np72.jpg

9txiFBH.jpg

ff9onnZ.jpg

T8UQ7uF.jpg

VDrZouH.jpg

iJrxIe3.jpg

8kjdeUW.jpg

Went with a large number of Volvo owners, who spent a lot of time tweaking their cars whilst not on track, me and Scott (guy with the white Polo GTI) - didn't have so much to do :lol:

Having spent a lot of time with the Volvo guys and their modded cars, I started planning the mods for the FK2! So as soon as I arrived home I ordered a Milltek Decat(not fitted yet)
GgHWEC1.jpg

My current list of mods still to fit:
- Injen intake (I just can't justify (afford) the Eventuri price)
- Remus responder
- Airtec Intercooler with big boost pipe kit
- Milltek Decat
- Ferrodo DS2500 pads

& Remap (booked for 1st of September).

The volvo guys also invited me to a charity track day @ Castle Combe (my local circuit), had a great day averaged 7.9 mpg and didn't get overtaken by anything there (there were some very quick cars there).
AmQdzrQ.jpg

1Qelr1H.jpg

FgySMGa.jpg

VSOelAz.jpg

IsHDPsw.jpg

p7jHZVS.jpg

MJ0qzt9.jpg

unyvl51.jpg

9uwnquK.jpg

GoVJ30J.jpg

rvYpcif.jpg

Cooked the OEM Brembo front brake pads in less than 2 months (had them fitted one month before the track day). I've also noticed the white paint/sticker on the brembo caliper, going a bit yellow :(

That's all for now folks, I'll post some more updates when the mods have been fitted and the car is mapped!

Thanks for looking.
Ash :smt039

Nice looking build you have there. :cool: Was that dyno figure standard or with the exhaust and filter?

Is that with the decat on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just road+ catback, if you have a race system and decat - well over 100db.... So you won't get on at Combe or most race tracks!

I think mine will be borderline with the decat on!

Yeah Ive currently got milltek race system and milltek decat. Got it tested at Castle Combe and its 109 decibels! Getting the decat taken off tomorrow then off to Mimms on Sunday lol

Yeah Ive currently got milltek race system and milltek decat. Got it tested at Castle Combe and its 109 decibels! Getting the decat taken off tomorrow then off to Mimms on Sunday lol

My mate saw you when you had that done, do you have a blue FK2? If so, he said you weren't happy :lol:

Yeah mate got a blue FK2. Yeah thought Id go big! Getting it taken off as we speak lol

Great build though Ash. The only thing I want to get now is an intercooler

Really enjoyed reading this thread mate. Nice Mods too.
May meet you on track one day myself as castle is my nearest track.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed reading this thread mate. Nice Mods too.
May meet you on track one day myself as castle is my nearest track.

Thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed the read. Took me about 2 hours to do it (finding the photos and remembering what I've actually done in the past 12 months)!

I do enjoy Combe, gets a bit samey, but it's a great little track!

You got 4 months out of a set of brand new tyres? That's shocking!

Great car though.

Back