• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

You got 4 months out of a set of brand new tyres? That's shocking!

Great car though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Honda claim the conti sport 6s will only last 4.5k these were on 5.5k and getting pretty low (being a daily and a new motor, it was getting driven a lot)!

Fantastic read and lovely car! Really want one now!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you! Do it buddy... They are great cars! They just like to chew through brakes and tyres though!

Honda claim the conti sport 6s will only last 4.5k these were on 5.5k and getting pretty low (being a daily and a new motor, it was getting driven a lot)!

Thank you! Do it buddy... They are great cars! They just like to chew through brakes and tyres though!
Haha, i wish! Bought my fn2 just last year but in another 3 years I'll get one!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Have to get a meet mate seeing as your local to me? Or a few of us could go Castle Combe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to get a meet mate seeing as your local to me? Or a few of us could go Castle Combe?

Yup - sounds good buddy, could do next weekend?

There's a bloke local to me who has a black FK2 with a custom exhaust, I will try to find him and ask if he's up for a meet as well... Perhaps we should post a thread up on the meet section?

Cheers,
Ash

Hi all,

Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today...

Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around).

98x0EXM.jpg

The oil level is fine, the car leaked a bit of coolant when removing one of the pipes, but I'm a bit gutted this has happened (Honda will just blame the intake no doubt :( ).

Car is running a bit lumpy with intake on, but I'll only be pootling to work and back until it gets mapped.

You will have dislodged a sensor plug, no great help I know but I don't know which one it will be!

Have you got a pic of the intake fitted mate?
I never had a problem with mine running lumpy when i fitted the Eventuri.

Yup - sounds good buddy, could do next weekend?

There's a bloke local to me who has a black FK2 with a custom exhaust, I will try to find him and ask if he's up for a meet as well... Perhaps we should post a thread up on the meet section?

Cheers,
Ash

I can do Sunday evening mate or next weekend?
Ya fancy castle combe on the 09th september?

You will have dislodged a sensor plug, no great help I know but I don't know which one it will be!

Well the following day on the way into work my engine management light came on... Car feels really hesitant low down, I went to my mates garage who plugged in his code checker and said that it was complaining about the primary o2 sensor, reading was low. He unplugged it and cleared the error... All was well for about 15 mins and it came back on again :(

It's really odd, it stops the oil temp, cruise control and speed limiter from working... The only thing I can think of is that some of the new pipes we fitted are causing some other cables to pinch?

Have you got a pic of the intake fitted mate?
I never had a problem with mine running lumpy when i fitted the Eventuri.

Here you go buddy:
R11j73X.jpg

I can do Sunday evening mate or next weekend?
Ya fancy castle combe on the 09th september?

Yea dude, if I get mine sorted ;)

Have you ordered your milltek decat yet mate? Im selling one..

I've already got one thanks mate :)

Just a little update on the fk2 following the issues since fitting the Injen intake...

I have since removed the intake and put the standard one back on.. Car drives much better, nice and smooth but doesn't sound anywhere near as good!

A friend of mine wanted to have a look and I suggested he recorded the car just so everyone else can see:
[video=youtube_share;2RskZ8Wgmjw]https://youtu.be/2RskZ8Wgmjw[/video]

Car was very hesitant low down, pulled well though most of the rev range, but started struggling at higher rpm (as you can see). I want to point out that I didn't drive the car like this much, just did it to show others how it was behaving.

Is there any point me keeping the intake, my car friends/mechanics believe that it should be fine once the car is mapped..?

Thanks,
Ash

Haha you need to! Its life changing

I've got intercooler/decat fitting in Aug and remap on the 1st of Sept - oh and the missus's birthday end of Aug... so I can't afford one just yet lol.

Did you damage or do anything to the MAF when you fitted the intake?

Not that I'm aware of dude, the intake really has played tricks on my car though - engine management lights, oil temp mostly not working, but then sometimes works, cruise control/speed limiter sometimes not working.... all I did was take the Injen off, put the standard intake back on and disconnected the negative terminal from the battery and that seems to have done the trick!

I'll probably put the intake back on just before the remap, just can't believe how bad it made the car run though...

I don't have £960 spare mate lol

I know of one possibly going cheaper than that.

Eventuri is the one to have. The Injen should not make the car behave like that. I've also read the injen isn't the best in terms of power.

I know of one possibly going cheaper than that.

Eventuri is the one to have. The Injen should not make the car behave like that. I've also read the injen isn't the best in terms of power.

Ohhh - do tell :)

There's no question it's the best to have, I still can't get my head around the price though!

Could it be heat soak? Would explain the hesitation at low RPM, or needs mapping?

Just suggestions :)

I was thinking the heat soak explains the boggyness low down, but it sounded like it was misfiring at high RPM and was popping/banging from the front of the car, rather than out of the exhaust :eek:

Small update from me, all my parts have arrived now and I purchased some other bits, including some stuff from Dotty too :) :

Eventuri & Eventuri Covers:
9GP5Dvk.jpg

No problems with the Eventuri intake at all!
Need to give the engine cover a polish/clean

Number plates:
klpOCbM.jpg

Not yet fitted

Sound tester:
o3DeYXU.jpg

Reads bang on 87 when revving at 3,500rpm (on the limit in 1st), exactly the same as what it made @ Castle Combe so happy days!

I also had the exhaust checked over as it was leaking by a few of the clamps:
0uyeBaw.jpg

DxOu7J6.jpg

O0cyfBy.jpg

30 mins later, all done and on my way!

Next week, car is having a minor service (oil/oil filter) and front discs, pads, lines all round and fluid fitted :)

Edit:

Oh and I bumped into a journalist who had a new NSX with him! To say I was excited is an understatement!
L4KRPsi.jpg

fn8uUlS.jpg

YY9ULLv.jpg

K0DU3pz.jpg

8T7uE6t.jpg

HJ8cwIg.jpg

He was kind enough to take me down the road in it, goes like stink! Sounded nice as well, let me rev it in the car park :lol:

He did say, that - that model had a ton of extras on it and the total price was over 170k! As much as I like Honda, I think I'd rather a McLaren 570s and change! There was also some bits that were not the best quality inside, some of the dash fittings were flimsy (he could literally lift part of the dashboard up) and I genuinely prefer the look of the steering wheel on the fk2 over the one in the NSX!

I seriously need to become a motoring journalist!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back