Home
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My FK2

Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    The airbox position is fiddly and you're never quite sure whether you have sealed it correctly,
    It makes such a difference though.

Changed my filters over twice now and the other week I noticed the pipe at the jubilee end is rather loose, so I'm guessing the pipe doesn't like to be wiggled.
    Might be worth checking if you've tinkered as mine had moved quite far up, I have to check it fortnightly for piece of mind
    Iíll give it a check.
    Iíve felt down the sides of the box and it seems to be sealed.
    I was more worried that the filter had bent in the box.

I think the k&n filter looks a better fit.

Hi Mark,

Not sure whether you still have the FK2 or have since moved on?

I'm just after some feedback on it please as I'm looking at selling the DC5 soon and I'm torn between one of these and an FD2 and I can see that you've been fortunate enough to have owned both.

Over the last few weeks I've been swaying more towards an FD2 which is renowned for being an amazing car but very harsh, the DC5 I have I just don't enjoy driving anymore.

It pulls and moves around everywhere and in the wet it's terrible especially on AD08R. The FD2 seems to be a more stable car with far superior grip levels and a much sharper turn in than the Teg from what I've read and of course the rear suspension is independent which will be better, but I do worry that they're going to be too similar a car. I know engine output is the same but obviously it's a far more rigid stiffer car which I can live with, but I have concerns with the diff etc that it will drag around and tramline like the Teg does; and will suffer from bump steer on some of the roads near me (North Wales).

I'm really liking the FK2 as well though and they seem to handle and be an amazing car as a daily, again a touch on the harsh side but liveable. Has the FK2 really moved on that much from say the DC5 and FD2 and is it a good daily? I enjoy thrashing the K20 but it does get tiresome some days, would be nice to get into something newer and more comfortable which is easier to drive but has that power available on tap.

Only concerns with an FK2 are the gearbox, I'm reading that there have multiple issues with post-15 plate cars in particular. I test drove an FK8 a few weeks back and it felt extremely planted at the front so I'm thinking the FK2 is going to feel quite similar in that sense? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Marc
    Last edited by Crazylegs1892; 12-09-2019 at 06:32 AM.

nice in grey
    when you get bored with the lack of exhaust note id highly recommend a tegiwa b pipe
    i got mine on yesterday and the sound is fantastic, a cheaper option than a full system
    it gives a nice deep throb at low revs and a growling (get the f@*k out my way) rasp when you floor it
    Last edited by Xplicit; 13-09-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,580 Posts

Sorry for the late reply.

If youíre finding the DC5 boring then Iím afraid the FD will go the same way.
    Itíll be great for a first few months but itíll get very familiar far too soon.
    Youíll also start getting fed up with the bouncy ride which you can sort out with rear Koni struts.

I personally preferred the DC5 over the FD2, just because it felt more of a sports car.

The FK does feel like itís come on leaps and bounds from the FD, a lot more gadgets and refinement but it doesnít have the same steering feel.

Also if you prefer the screaming K20 then you wonít get that with the FK.
    I personally enjoy the turbo engines, I love the power you have and it still handles really well.

Iíd say you need to take an FK2 out and youíll notice the difference from the older cars and the softer FK8.

Thanked 8,292 Times in 5,194 Posts

Agree with Mark, the FD2 is a great car and it is better than the DC5. It's 10-15% better in most areas which adds to to being a much better package overall. But that said it's still very much the same car, no low down torque, very few toys, uncomfortable on standard suspension (more so than the DC5), dated interior (although an improvement better than the DC5). If you want a different experience then the FD2 wouldn't be the right choice, it's more of the same just better overall (I guess apart from looks).

The FK2 on the other hand IMO doesn't have the same feel of the older cars plus the gearbox and engine would worry me, especially if taking it on track or tuning. There's far too many of them with issues for my liking! I only really use my FD2 on circuit, if it was just a road car I'm not sure I could justify keeping hold of it.